cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no button to "change plan now" as indictaed

drewdub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'd like to chnage my plan to one I actually have the funds for. But when i go to, ther eis no way to do it. Although it says I can, and I have enough funds in there... only option is to pay for my current plan which i dont want anymore for all the reasons there could be...

image.png

18 REPLIES 18

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

TL;DR.  From my interpretation/understanding, accounts expire, plans don't.  Just because a plan is no longer in market, it does not mean that existing accounts which have that plan cannot continue with it. 

@will13am LOL you definitely "DR"--this has literally nothing to do with the topic.  Nicely done!  🙂

I have been doing a lot of that lately.  Just lose patience over the rants about nothing.  What I said was relevant in an off topic kind of way.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

TL;DR.  From my interpretation/understanding, accounts expire, plans don't.  Just because a plan is no longer in market, it does not mean that existing accounts which have that plan cannot continue with it. 

@will13am LOL you definitely "DR"--this has literally nothing to do with the topic.  Nicely done!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@drewdub wrote:

dude 2 things... one; no one asked for your feelings.  two; the definition of customer, current, changing plan, and deceptive you have are unequivocally flawed as they are clearly defined in the proper acts pertaining to consumers and business operations, both in canada and alberta.

You seem to have done some research on definitions it is to bad you couldn't have spent the same amount of time researching public mobile. You can blame PM all you want for your miss understanding of the service, but as a prepaid service that is the term length.  Your service was up and not continued via a renewal or future dated plan change. They have fulfilled their obligation to you, that you had paid for.

Oh and I am not your dude

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

@drewdub wrote:

I wanted to wait because they change the offers all the time and i didnt want to get locked in to one that wasnt as good as one that was coming out. 

@drewdub then you didn't do your homework. You can cancel a scheduled plan change at any time if a new promo comes up in the meantime.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

drewdub

dude 2 things... one; no one asked for your feelings.  two; the definition of customer, current, changing plan, and deceptive you have are unequivocally flawed as they are clearly defined in the proper acts pertaining to consumers and business operations, both in canada and alberta.

mimmo

If I recall it was designed to work this way. It was expained a while back by i beleive @Mary_M.  But finding that post is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

@drewdub wrote:

it is deceptive, because it says both on the website and in advetisements that you can change it at any time.

my account is is good standing, i don't owe them any money, i simply followed their advertisements that when my plan expires i can pick a new one.

I added more money to the account becuase it said  'top up now to change to this plan" I topped up but cannot change, this is deception..   

quit replying if you have nothing to offer other than shilling, and thanks for you original reply.

I guess it is in the interpretation because I don't see it as deceptive.  You can change your plan at any time as long as you are a customer of PM.  Your plan has expired and you didn't renew so you are no longer a customer of PM as it is prepaid no contract.  So really after your plan has expired you aren't changing your plan, you are selecting a new one.  If you had future dated your plan change while your plan was still active (and a customer of PM) there would be no issue. 

You can change your future dated plan changes if better deals come up or you don't want to chatnge.  So to go around saying it is deceptive I feel is completely wrong.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@drewdub As @srlawren mentioned... it's not that you can't change the plan, it's because you let your plan expire that you can't use the self-serve system to change it (system limitation). One of the moderators will surely fix you up and put you on the plan you'd prefer. Sorry you need to wait for them to reply. Hopefully you'll get some help today! Robot Happy

drewdub

google deception.... "change your plan at any time.."  "cant change it now, you have to wait"

drewdub

I wanted to wait because they change the offers all the time and i didnt want to get locked in to one that wasnt as good as one that was coming out. 

drewdub

it is deceptive, because it says both on the website and in advetisements that you can change it at any time.

my account is is good standing, i don't owe them any money, i simply followed their advertisements that when my plan expires i can pick a new one.

I added more money to the account becuase it said  'top up now to change to this plan" I topped up but cannot change, this is deception..   

quit replying if you have nothing to offer other than shilling, and thanks for you original reply.

srlawren

@drewdub wrote:

PM'd a mod...  

But this is in fact deceptive business practices, becuase they advertise you can change your plan any time you want to, which you can't

@drewdub there's no deception, it's just a system limitation that you cannot reactivate yourself on a new plan in self-serve and require help to do so.  

srlawren

@drewdub wrote:

I dont want the existing plan. we had agreed that when it expired i could pick a new one or choose not to use the sevice, no contracts...

@drewdub I'm not sure who you agreed with but you are correct, you can pick a new one or choose note to use the service.  The way to choose a new one once your plan has already expired is to contact the moderator team using the link that @JDT provided above.  For future reference, if you know in advance you want to change the plan, you can schedule it for your next renewal rather than letting it expire and running into this situation.

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your account was in good standing, you would be able to change your plan to whatever you wanted.

It is only because your plan expired that you need to contact a Moderator to change it.

drewdub

PM'd a mod...  

But this is in fact deceptive business practices, becuase they advertise you can change your plan any time you want to, which you can't

drewdub

I dont want the existing plan. we had agreed that when it expired i could pick a new one or choose not to use the sevice, no contracts...

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did your plan expire?

If your plan has expired, the only way for you to reactivate using self-serve is to renew your existing plan.  If you want to change plans, you need to contact the Moderator Team.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.