cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text msg says payment due but it's not for another month

mikasik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recieved a text message from PM saying my payment is due in a few days, but in my account it says it's due mid July. Was this an error I can disregard?  Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

dabr
Mayor / Maire

For anyone who is still wondering about these error text messages, PM posted this yesterday.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Select-customers-receiving-erroneous-SM...

Knukem
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got the same message too. I just paid in May, next isn't due until August.

beansbaxter

Got the text as well.  I'm on a 90 day plan and my next payment isn't due until late July.  Hopefully there's an announcement of an error...?

@stonechucker wrote:

I've left an update for @Alan_K to ask what's going on, and to update us accordingly.

This is truly bizarre, and the first this has happened to me.  I know we've seen issues with newer ready-made and in-market plans recently, but I'm on the grandfathered 2016 Fall Promo, which hasn't been available for 2+ years.

well, it does sound like something affecting us on that promo or people on 90days plans im general

I've left an update for @Alan_K to ask what's going on, and to update us accordingly.

This is truly bizarre, and the first this has happened to me.  I know we've seen issues with newer ready-made and in-market plans recently, but I'm on the grandfathered 2016 Fall Promo, which hasn't been available for 2+ years.

leishanlin

i got the same Text msg, paid on May for 90 days, tell me my payment is dun on Jun20.. WTF

I also received a text but the renewal date in my case was correct so I'm not sure what's going on.  Smiley FrustratedI know Public Mobile was performing a system maintenance last night so that might have something to do with it. Hopefully there is an announcement or the @CS_Agent  responds soon with an update.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mikasik It seemed PM's system sent out a message by mistake to not only you but many customers. You can just ignore it. 

This is obviously an error - I'm on a 90-day cycle, paid June 5th, and now being told I owe for the date of June 20th.

Watch your My Account pages until further notice.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

It does sound like a bug to me. my payement is still a month away as well and is correctly reflected on self serve.

MariaLoranger

My husband and I, both with Public Mobile, also just received this test message and our next payments are more than a month ahead. I can only imagine that somebody messed up something. I will be watching carefully the charges on my credit card.

harmonkardon

Jumping on the bandwagon to say that I also got a "Your payment is due on xxx xx" text message a month too early.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

I would disregard, go with what your account says looks like another glitch in the system  when you have been here for any amount of time you learn to ignore them or go crazy Smiley LOL

MMack

I also just recieved ths msg saying payment due June 20, but I check my account and my payment is not due until late August!!.

It must be some mistake I think.

catlim

Same here. Friend and I got the same text message today saying payment due June even though autopay payment not due until late July. @CS_Agent can you confirm this text message was sent in error?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mikasik wrote:

I recieved a text message from PM saying my payment is due in a few days, but in my account it says it's due mid July. Was this an error I can disregard?  Thanks!

@mikasik  My recommendation is to login into your account to make sure everything is correct. Renewal dates, plan details and payment history. If you detect an issue try to correct it or notify PM asap.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

oshax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just got this same message but I just paid for my 90 day package on June 7th!

What is going on?  Am I going to be double billed?

Need Help? Let's chat.