cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporarily stop plan for a month

Zeng0xff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

First, I love Canada, It's an amazing country!

I'm an international student, and I come from China. I want to go back my hometown next month, so I won't use Public Mobile service at the whole July. I wonder may I temporarily stop my plan and relative payment at just this July for saving money, and keep my # and rewards at the same time? What should I do now?

If anyone can help that would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Zeng0xff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your help !

@Anonymous wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

You cannot suspend/pause your account. Only thing you can do is enable lost-stolen phone feature. But nothing will change the next renewal day. If you change your plan to 30 days, you will lose whatever you already paid and you will have to pay upfront for the new plan. 

The lost/stolen feature IS a suspend. Says so right on the button to toggle it. And the 90 day clock starts then.

That is why you need to consider the timing of when you "activate" the Lost/Stolen Phone feature.

Again, be sure to read the following article for complete and up-to-date info:

When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold (Extended absence, etc) 

@will13am wrote:

@Zeng0xff , if you are using auto pay, simply disable it and renable it when you come back.  Be mindful that the account will go into suspension when the current paid interval is up.  The maximum period of suspension is 90 days after which the account will deactivate.  With one month of absense you should be fine.

Though accurate, this is actually incomplete and therefore misleading info. For example, if you have enough balance in your account, even if you turn off AutoPay, your account WILL RENEW!

For more complete info about how and when to suspend an account, with all the most current ins and outs, read this updated article:

When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold (Extended absence, etc)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Triguy wrote:

You cannot suspend/pause your account. Only thing you can do is enable lost-stolen phone feature. But nothing will change the next renewal day. If you change your plan to 30 days, you will lose whatever you already paid and you will have to pay upfront for the new plan. 

The lost/stolen feature IS a suspend. Says so right on the button to toggle it. And the 90 day clock starts then.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Zeng0xff You can temporarily stop your service by removing your credit card information before you are leaving Canada. You put back your credit card information and activate your normal plan when you come back.  However you will lose your autopay reward.

You can have $10 plan set before your next renewal cycle. The actual cost will be $8 plus taxes. It is not a bad choice. Less hassle. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Zeng0xff wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm an international student, and I come from China. I want to go back my hometown next month, so I won't use Public Mobile service at the whole July. I wonder may I temporarily stop my plan and relative payment at just this July for saving money, and keep my # and rewards at the same time? What should I do now?

Thanks

@Zeng0xff  Keep in mind, if you are on a plan with an autopay bonus, you lose that autopay bonus if you remove autopay as some others have suggested.

Some plans are currently in market as special offer with auto pay bonus, they may no longer be in market when you come back.

Risk vs reward. Depending on what you pay now, how much you could save, when your renewal date is, when you will be back etc etc.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Zeng0xff 

Beside using the lost/stolen phone, you can also disable the autopay to stop the clock for 1 month..

1. Both methods will not stop the clock from ticking of your current cycle.

2. If you have available fund in your account to pay for 30 days renewal, you should use ONLY the lost/stolen phone method.  This because your plan still renew if you have enough available fund to renew even you disable the autopay.

3. If you don't have enough available fund to renew, you can use any one of these two methods.

Some of you may ask "Why I just use the lost/stolen phone method?"

- You referrer will stop getting refer-a-friend credit immediately when you report your phone was lost/stolen.

- If the referrer is yourself, you should consider both methods depending the referrer renewal date.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Zeng0xff , if you are using auto pay, simply disable it and renable it when you come back.  Be mindful that the account will go into suspension when the current paid interval is up.  The maximum period of suspension is 90 days after which the account will deactivate.  With one month of absense you should be fine.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Zeng0xff wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks

You can report phone Lost/Stolen for the month away.

Need Help? Let's chat.