cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax exempt

Xatida
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am a Native and I have my cards + live on reserve. I have another phone with another company and I do not pay taxes on my services as I am a native residing on a reserve. I was wondering if this is an option with Public Mobile. Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

As @Anonymous has linked to the response from the moderator, that's the best one, and although it takes a bit of time to get, you can ask for the entire year for taxes at once (ie in January, ask for "all of 2018" (in 2019)).

As @Bell3 has mentioned the POS, you may be able to buy vouchers locally which will provide you with a receipt at payment, and the retailer 'should' have an option to remove the taxes as required.

I think the drawback on the receipts is that Public Mobile doesn't have their information fully available on a voucher receipt.

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Base on your information exemption under Section 87 of the Indian Act applies to you and you could get that exception at the point of sale. Since PM is mostly an e-commerce company it is best for you get an invoice and submit that to CRA.

But technically, PM should be able to do it for you at the point of sale ( not to charge indirect tax ...)

Connect with the moderator team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Xatida wrote:

Hello, I am a Native and I have my cards + live on reserve. I have another phone with another company and I do not pay taxes on my services as I am a native residing on a reserve. I was wondering if this is an option with Public Mobile. Thanks 

This was the resolution of the same question a while ago.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Xatida wrote:

Only moderator can acces to your account.  Send a private message to moderator to setup your account for tax exempt status.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days

See @Anonymous reply below.

Need Help? Let's chat.