cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tangerine Mastercard Autopay

Barth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This morning my Autopay failed. Thankfully, I was able to apply a one-time payment with my VISA and reactivate my account. However, I want to make future monthly payments with my Mastercard. I know how to ask the Moderators for help, but wanted to enquire in the community first. Has something like this happened to you recently?

I registered my Tangerine Mastercard for Autopay, when I first subscribed almost 4 years ago. 

I updated the registered card after I received a replacement Tangerine Mastercard in January. Autopay was successful on 30 January and 29 February.

It failed today. My bank can see approved transactions on the new card for January and February, but cannot see any Public Mobile transactions today (not approved, attempted or declined). My bank says my card is fine. I haven’t tried it yet because COVID.

I registered my VISA and the payment was accepted.

I tried to register my Mastercard again, and Self-Serve tells me the card is invalid.

What the …?

8 REPLIES 8

@Pawprints1986  wrote:

Do we still get the $2 auto pay even if in essence we aren't auto paying ?

Yes, as long as AutoPay is enabled, you will continue to receive $2 rewards. There are some cases however you will lose rewards. One for sure I know is when you suspend your account on purpose to pause it.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do we still get the $2 auto pay even if in essence we aren't auto paying ?

Barth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I will follow the advice to manually add sufficient funds to my "AutoPay" account. C'est la vie. I will otherwise see what the Mods have to say in a few days.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Barth wrote:

This morning my Autopay failed. Thankfully, I was able to apply a one-time payment with my VISA and reactivate my account. However, I want to make future monthly payments with my Mastercard. I know how to ask the Moderators for help, but wanted to enquire in the community first. Has something like this happened to you recently?

I registered my Tangerine Mastercard for Autopay, when I first subscribed almost 4 years ago. 

I updated the registered card after I received a replacement Tangerine Mastercard in January. Autopay was successful on 30 January and 29 February.

@Barth  Was the card number different on the replacement card? Was the card reported stolen?

It failed today. My bank can see approved transactions on the new card for January and February, but cannot see any Public Mobile transactions today (not approved, attempted or declined). My bank says my card is fine. I haven’t tried it yet because COVID.

I tried to register my Mastercard again, and Self-Serve tells me the card is invalid.

What the …?

@Barth  If you can register another card on not the MC then I suspect the only way to find out why the card is being rejected by PM is to submit a ticket. They should be able to investigate and tell you the reason.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Barth Autopay fails sometimes. I recommend to add funds manually to your account even with enabled Autopay to prevent any issues.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Barth 

I would recommend checking if your phone was working.

If your renewal was last night and your phone is still working, then all is well. Your account status goes through several updates during the renewal process.

It will show suspended/expired days before your payment is due sometimes. We usually ignore that messge if services are working.

If your services were off then the autopay failed.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Barth the system, when it comes to credit cards has been iffy. Clear your browser history, go to private/ incognito mode and try again to enter your credit card.

When you get to the credit card field:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

Make a patment.png

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Barth wrote:

What the …?

Autopay has been known to glitch-out....occasionally sometimes. Seasoned PM'ers will manually add sufficient $$ to Available Funds, a day or two before renewal happens. Seems to make that process happy.

Need Help? Let's chat.