cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk text not working

Heathermd82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi ive topped up my account, it shows active. I got the $40 plan, it shows I have a balance of $40.. says active, yet i can not use phone or text and says my next plan renewal is next month. That $40 was supposed to pay for this month service?  
13 REPLIES 13

Sorry, I just reread the thread and your account actually says active, so you likely don't see the reactivate button. 

station1104
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not sure if you tired this yet but if not restart your phone.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

When you added the $1, did you click reactivate first, then make the payment? Or did you just make a manual payment. I should have explained the trick better, but I thought someone else had.

Heathermd82

Thank you 

I'm not sure if moderators still respond to tags, but you can tag them using @CS_Agent. I hope something happens soon for you. You do not need stress in your state.

Heathermd82

it's due today, I've tried adding a dollar. Now there is $41 available in my account, I went to lost, suspended, logged out, logged in, reactivated... nothing!

It says Active, but I can't make or receive any calls or texts. I keep trying to reach a moderator but that's not working either. I'm very pregnant and can go into labor any minute and I'm about to lose my s*it!

If there's a moderator reading this, please activate my service! Thank you

@Heathermd82 So, are you saying it was due last night at midnight, or tonight at midnight. If last night, have you tried the $1 payment trick? It's worked countless time and the $1 will just stay on your account until next month.

Can you verify in your payment history

You can take screenshot and blackout sensitive info

If you were charged two times and already paid for this cycle you should contact moderators

If not, is there reactivate button?

Heathermd82

Today is my renewal date, I'd forgotten until my friend didn't text me back. Then I went to pay like normal (I forget almost every month for like an hour) it still isn't working?  Balance is still 40 and if I try to nske a call it says that I need to purchase add on? Yet it shows my plan and says it's active?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

If @hairbag1' s suggestions fail submit a ticket:

1. click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

2. click "Submit ticket",

3. login manually if your username/password are not filled in,

4. click the drop down menu (in the white area),

5. pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it,

6. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form

Response time is 2 - 5 days so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Heathermd82 wrote:
Hi ive topped up my account, it shows active. I got the $40 plan, it shows I have a balance of $40.. says active, yet i can not use phone or text and says my next plan renewal is next month. That $40 was supposed to pay for this month service?  

I think that $40 may have been paid twice by accident.  If $40 wasn't applied to your plan payment during the renewal, it would 't say that your plan is active. At the time, that $40 shouldn't still be in your balance unless you wanted to have extra in there for the next renewal.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Heathermd82 Had you missed your renewal date when you topped up? In the past, this has been jumpstarted by another $1 payment. If you have a credit card on file, I'd try that next.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Heathermd82 wrote:

Restart your phone maybe. Alternatively...

1. The lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

Let us know if anything helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.