cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to a cheaper plan mid-cycle?

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What happens if I switch to a cheaper plan mid-cycle, am I credited the difference in cost?

8 REPLIES 8

Jingyuan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can choose to switch to a cheaper plan mid-cycle, meaning you will relinquish whatever you prepaid for on your old plan, or you can future-date your plan change so that it changes at your next renewal date.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Poogzley any time 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Poogzley

@srlawren wrote:

@Poogzley it's considered impolite to choose your own reply thanking @ShawnC13 and @Luddite as the solution.  No offense, but your thanking them isn't the solution.  You should really choose one or the other (if they've given you equally good advice, I'd suggest the one that replied earliest in general) as the solution.  

Oops sorry about that, I didn't do it on purpose. How can I change it?

---Update---

I figured it out! Thank you @srlawren for bringing this to my attention.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Poogzley it's considered impolite to choose your own reply thanking @ShawnC13 and @Luddite as the solution.  No offense, but your thanking them isn't the solution.  You should really choose one or the other (if they've given you equally good advice, I'd suggest the one that replied earliest in general) as the solution.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Poogzley

Thank you @ShawnC13 and @Luddite for the clarification!

Yup, switch on next cycle. You can do it automatically if on autopay, just choose "start on next renewal".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Poogzley

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

What happens if I switch to a cheaper plan mid-cycle, am I credited the difference in cost?

No you will forfeit the remainder of that plan and need to pay the full price of your new plan

So the best option would be to switch plans next cycle?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Poogzley wrote:

No you will forfeit the remainder of that plan and need to pay the full price of your new plan

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.