cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching plans. Options

motanu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I don't frequently visit PM's site and I noticed some of the plans changed. I have 3 phones with PM on 3 months plans with auto-pay that just got renewed.  I'd like to switch to new plans for each phone but the only options offered are: 1) pay now for the new plan from scratch (and cancel the old plan I guess) 2) change at next renewal date

Is it possible to use my existing plan to fund the new one and switch now? Again, I need this operation for 3 phones (different plans, one of them more expensive than the new plan, the others cheaper - I will pay the difference)

8 REPLIES 8

motanu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

OK, thanks everybody.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is recommended to change plans on next renewal date so you don't lose any unused minutes, texts or data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@motanu  Thats a tough one...with public mobile being prepaid there are no refunds or pro rating of plans. I don't think there's even an option for the moderators in this situation. You could always ask but I think its best just to wait until your next renewals to change plans. With almost 90 days on all of them checking in periodically to see if any new plans or limited time promotional  plans are offered that you could then schedule to change on your next renewal  would make the most economical sense. Unless a particular plan really doesn't suit your needs and you would be willing forgo the value left in it to change now you have limited options.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi, use your data that you have already paid for.

As others wrote, the preferred way of changing plans is at your next renewal.

So stay on your current plan. Use up your data.

At that point, if you are ready to change your plan over to the new one, login to self-serve and go for an immediate plan change.

Read here for an article from Public Mobile regarding Plan Changes.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@motanu wrote:

Hi,

I don't frequently visit PM's site and I noticed some of the plans changed. I have 3 phones with PM on 3 months plans with auto-pay that just got renewed.  I'd like to switch to new plans for each phone but the only options offered are: 1) pay now for the new plan from scratch (and cancel the old plan I guess) 2) change at next renewal date

Is it possible to use my existing plan to fund the new one and switch now? Again, I need this operation for 3 phones (different plans, one of them more expensive than the new plan, the others cheaper - I will pay the difference)

You will forfeit any remaining parts of your current plan and get no refunds if you do an immediate plan change. Whenever possible schedule a plan change for your next renewal. Be aware that you can not switch back to a grandfathered plan once the plan change went through.

You didn't say what exact plan you are on. But you could use up what it includes and then do an immediate plan change if it's too long to renewal.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@motanu wrote:

Hi,

PM is prepaid so there is no pro-ration for unused mins/data left on plan if you do immediate change to new plan.  However, it is always advised to renew at 'next renewal date' that way your schedule payment and change of plan will happen without loss of current plan/features.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@motanu wrote:

Hi,

@motanu  Choose the plans you want, mark them all as "change at renewal" so you can continue your existing plan and once its ready to renew it will renew the new plan.

There is no pro-rating, so if you change plan now you will lose whatever is left.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Sorry you can't do that as this is prepaid service and you will lose everything you paid for at your last renewal.

HOWEVER sometimes moderators can help, especially since you have so many lines and you just renewed. You can reach them either by clicking on question mark or directly here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/bd-p/Plans_Add-Ons 

Keep in mind that they don't have to do it and there is no guarantees, just so you don't get disappointed

Hope it works out for you

Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.