cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Credit Card to Debit Visa

Aton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I setup the phone account for my mom 3 months ago, I registered and set up auto-renew payment from my own credit card.

Now that everything is settled and running smooth, I’d like to switch the auto-pay from my CC to my mom’s Debit Visa so that she can pay her monthly fee from now on.

Is there anything I should watch out during the switching over of cards? How can I tell if the switch-over is successful? Any confirmation message or email? I just don’t want to see my mom’s phone service got disconnected at the end of the 30-day cycle. Or her losing the $2 reward credit for the auto-pay option.

Thanks in advance for all advice!

12 REPLIES 12

LenaLena

Already contacted them on Tuesday but they have just now replied so am hoping this gets sorted out soon. Thanks for your advice!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LenaLena wrote:

I did exactly that...

How many times have you attempted? It might be that your card is locked out now due to fraud protection.

You would need to contact the moderators to clear it.

LenaLena

I did exactly that...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LenaLena wrote:

The thinking about part of your reply was unneccessary but oh well... Thank you for the very helpful other part of your message.

Goodness! I meant no disrespect. Apologies if it came across that way.

Edit: to your latest post: make sure the name and address matches exactly to that of the card billing address or the name address connected to the card. Don't use the unit # field. Keep the postal code to 6 characters ie. no space or drop last digit.

LenaLena

Thanks but not the answer I am looking for. As I said, the system will not let me add my debit card. It displays an error message: unable to process....

LenaLena

The thinking about part of your reply was unneccessary but oh well... Thank you for the very helpful other part of your message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LenaLena wrote:

Apparently I cannot start a new topic so I see myself forced to reply to other people's topics to get my issue out there...I cannot set up auto-pay with my VISA debit card. Everything is correct, the card works just fine. I need to make a payment by tomorrow the 17th. Please someone fix this! Thank you!

And while you're thinking about Triguy's reply...if you come into a category from the orange Browse button in the upper left and select a category...click on the orange Ask a question button and you can start a new thread under that category.

) Login to Selfserve, click Payment tab.
2) Below "One Time Payment" and "Manage Auto Pay" options there is a very small link
"Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card"
3) two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"

Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

LenaLena

Apparently I cannot start a new topic so I see myself forced to reply to other people's topics to get my issue out there...I cannot set up auto-pay with my VISA debit card. Everything is correct, the card works just fine. I need to make a payment by tomorrow the 17th. Please someone fix this! Thank you!

Aton

Thank you @will13am and @Anonymous for all the advice!

I have followed all the step by step instructions and successfully switched over to my mom's Visa Debit card this morning. Everything went smoothly including the $1 test payment!

Great help & supports by great folks here in this great community!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aton wrote:

When I setup the phone account for my mom 3 months ago, I registered and set up auto-renew payment from my own credit card.

Now that everything is settled and running smooth, I’d like to switch the auto-pay from my CC to my mom’s Debit Visa so that she can pay her monthly fee from now on.

Is there anything I should watch out during the switching over of cards? How can I tell if the switch-over is successful? Any confirmation message or email? I just don’t want to see my mom’s phone service got disconnected at the end of the 30-day cycle. Or her losing the $2 reward credit for the auto-pay option.

Well...we had someone not long ago firmly asserting they had Visa Debit when they actually didn't. So make sure it's Visa Debit.

Remove the existing cc. This will drop autopay. Add the Visa Debit. Probably have to match addresses for this card like you do with cc's. Then re-add autopay. This will not lose the autopay reward.

I would suggest one extra step to validate the payment card update.  Do a $1 top up to confirm the new card is working. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aton wrote:

Well...we had someone not long ago firmly asserting they had Visa Debit when they actually didn't. So make sure it's Visa Debit.

Remove the existing cc. This will drop autopay. Add the Visa Debit. Probably have to match addresses for this card like you do with cc's. Then re-add autopay. This will not lose the autopay reward.

Need Help? Let's chat.