cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching credit cards

Kitty6767
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Have replaced my credit card have tried unsuccessfully to delete the old info on my mobile account and replace it with new card.

I cancelled the auto pay, but when I tried to add it again to put in my new cc info, it wouldn't allow it as my old cc number was automatically put back in place. 

Please advise. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Kitty6767 

It seems your browser may be 'remembering' this information and populating the field with it 'automatically'.

Before trying this again, completely clear cookies and cache.  

Then open an incognito tab.

Try it again.

(EDIT:   Or exactly what @Anonymous also just posted as I was typing this.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kitty6767 : 1. Clear your cache/site cookies. 2. Try a different browser 3. Use incognito/privacy mode.

The old card coming back has been cached in the browser.

But other than that yes sometimes the cc entry can be problematic for some folks. Match your address to the billing address. No space in postal code or drop last digit. All caps sometimes. Even some reports of having to match address in self-serve profile but I've not experienced that.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..Remember, accepted credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

Need Help? Let's chat.