cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to a new plan, fund charged but account has been suspended

lilian_liang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I switched my plan to $15 / 30 days one, and my previous $90 / 90 days ended on Dec. 05

Dec. 06 my credit card was charged according to new plan but my plan still kept the $90 / 90days.

As a result, my account has been suspended due to not enough fund.

This is the 2nd time I switched my plan and both got problems.

12 REPLIES 12

lilian_liang

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@lilian_liang No. It just takes your phone off the network and then returns allows it back on the network when you find it.

It's only awards that may be affected.

Working with a MOD now, he didn't asked me to do this step yet.

Turned off and then on according to MOD's instruction, I still got:

Outgoing calls: Dialed a valid number, phone shows connected for 0.1 second and then disconnected automatically

Incoming calls: Got a message "5UT3, this number is not equipped with incoming service, please check this number"

Outgoing messages: sent but the recipient cannot receive it

Incoming message: cannot receive any messages

Internet: no connection

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@lilian_liang No. It just takes your phone off the network and then returns allows it back on the network when you find it.

lilian_liang

@ChuckYeah wrote:

If you log into your self serve, what do you see? If it now shows the correct plan and the amount due in your add. funds, you could try one or both of these:

First if you see the reactivate button in your self serve, click it and try manually loading $1 to your account. This sometimes jumpstarts the renewal process.

If that doesn't work, try the Lost Phone Trick:

Caution! There have been reports that the lost phone trick removes your autopay and may be other rewards for the cycle, please be aware of that before trying this solution.

1. Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account and logout.
2. Wait 5-10 minutes.
3. Re-login to self serve and report phone found.
4. Reboot your phone. This seems to reset your SIM card and has been known to reactivate your account.

In "my account", everything shows as normal after the MOD removed the glitch.

Just EVERYTHING is NOT working.

Is there any risk by using "stolen phone"? I don't want to loose my cellphone number since I've been using it for more than 15 years....

lilian_liang

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@lilian_liang Does anything work? Does your phone show public mobile? No Service?

Show public mobile, yes.

Outgoing calls --- NOT working

Incoming calls --- NOT working

Outgiong message --- Can not send out

Incoming message --- Can not receive

Internet --- NOT working

@lilian_liang Does anything work? Does your phone show public mobile? No Service?

If you log into your self serve, what do you see? If it now shows the correct plan and the amount due in your add. funds, you could try one or both of these:

First if you see the reactivate button in your self serve, click it and try manually loading $1 to your account. This sometimes jumpstarts the renewal process.

If that doesn't work, try the Lost Phone Trick:

Caution! There have been reports that the lost phone trick removes your autopay and may be other rewards for the cycle, please be aware of that before trying this solution.

1. Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account and logout.
2. Wait 5-10 minutes.
3. Re-login to self serve and report phone found.
4. Reboot your phone. This seems to reset your SIM card and has been known to reactivate your account.

lilian_liang

@ilikepm wrote:

Seems like a system glitch.. but a mod should be able to help you..

Yes, a Mod contacted me ane removed the glitch.

But after turning off and on my cell a couple of times, it's still not working.

Getting frustrated

ilikepm

Seems like a system glitch.. but a mod should be able to help you..

lilian_liang

Yes I did, because I was on a $90 / 90 days plan and it ended on Dec. 05th.

So when I switched my plan, I chose switch on next renewal date which was Dec. 06.

Then on Dec. 06 PM charged my credit card for renewal amount, which was correct, but  my plan didn't switch, still remained as $90 / 90 days, and the system thought I didn't pay enough fund and suspended my account.

I was just back from vacation so this error just been spotted today.

Thank you for your reply.

@Triguy wrote:

Did you choose to change your plan on next renewal date ?  

Submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

lilian_liang

Thank you for your help, I've already submitted a ticket.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@lilian_liang wrote:

I switched my plan to $15 / 30 days one, and my previous $90 / 90 days ended on Dec. 05

Dec. 06 my credit card was charged according to new plan but my plan still kept the $90 / 90days.

You will need the assistance of the Moderators and to do that you will need to create a Trouble Ticket.  Click this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow the prompts to get to the Contact Us button and then a Submit Ticket button will appear.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you choose to change your plan on next renewal date ?  

Submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@lilian_liang wrote:

You will need the assistance of the Moderators and to do that you will need to create a Trouble Ticket.  Click this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow the prompts to get to the Contact Us button and then a Submit Ticket button will appear.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.