cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched plans for the next billing cycle, still showing the old amount

Vault91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After my first few weeks with Public Mobile, I'm loving the service! I am currently on the $30 2gb plan and it's been a great fit, however I feel going forward I won't need quite that much data every month.

I found the change plan tab in thesthe account serve and was pleased to see you can set your plan change for the day of your renewal (2 weeks from now) however, in my account overview it still reads my next payment cycle & amount due will be $30 instead of the new $25 I've set it to change to. 

Any clarification on this would be great, cheers!

4 REPLIES 4

@Vault91 

You'll receive the usual "Public Mobile here..." notification informing you that your plan was successfully renewed.

Probably best to clear your browser cache and cookies at this time, before you login Self-Serve to confirm your plan status. Just to prevent any browser-related stupidities from confusing things.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vault91 

It's not a great system. It only shows you what's current. It doesn't know that you've scheduled a change. And yet it does. Go figure. It's not a great system.

It would be suggested to manually deposit enough to cover the higher cost plan. After the change, it will leave the excess in your account.

Also be aware that changing out of a plan that is no longer available means you can't go back to it.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Vault91 

Welcome to Public Mobile!

That's how that screen works. You won't see the new plan details there until after your renewal.

BTW think hard before your next renewal, because the $30 plan is no longer offered. If you want to change your plan again later on, you always have to pick from the list of available plans. If needed, you can cancel your pending plan change, if you do it before your renewal.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Vault91 wrote:

After my first few weeks with Public Mobile, I'm loving the service! I am currently on the $30 2gb plan and it's been a great fit, however I feel going forward I won't need quite that much data every month.

I found the change plan tab in thesthe account serve and was pleased to see you can set your plan change for the day of your renewal (2 weeks from now) however, in my account overview it still reads my next payment cycle & amount due will be $30 instead of the new $25 I've set it to change to. 

Any clarification on this would be great, cheers!

@Vault91 hi that will remain the same until the actual renewall date since it hasn't changed yet 

Need Help? Let's chat.