cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Koodo

grandmymy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I made a switch to Koodo last week and I realized I already paid 3 months for PM so I'll pay for both services at the same time. Is there a way I could get a refund from PM for the remaining months or stop the service from Koodo until I use up all 3 months from PM? Please help, thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If may have been possible to transfer your funds from PM to Koodo if not have ported your number first. I was alwasy able to tranfer funds from Telus prepaid to Telus postpaid accounts.  Since PM in on Telus, maybe fund transfers are possible between the two companies?  

Ok @stonechucker you're right..I have misunderstood what he wanted...Smiley Frustrated

@Lieux, I don't believe you did.  You asked if the OP could cancel their Koodo plan, which would do nothing, other than leaving them without any service.

To come back to PM, a new SIM would need to be activated, and a new in-market plan would need to be selected.

That's what I said??? no???? @stonechucker

@Chanah@Lieux, once the number is ported away from Public Mobile, the account is deactivated, and funds are lost.  There is essentially no plan, and nothing can be done about it.

robinsonsadie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since Public Mobile is a PREpaid service, there are generally no refunds, even if you have a balance in your account.  It may be possible to get a refund by contacting the @Moderator_Team, but no guarantees.

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's tough. Could you suspend your koodo account until you've run out of PM credit? 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

What is sure that's the plan you have paid with Public mobile is prepaid...so you can't have any refund @grandmymy. EDITED.....Smiley Frustrated

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@grandmymy wrote:

Hi everyone,

I made a switch to Koodo last week and I realized I already paid 3 months for PM so I'll pay for both services at the same time. Is there a way I could get a refund from PM for the remaining months or stop the service from Koodo until I use up all 3 months from PM? Please help, thank you. 

If you have ported out your number your PM account has been closed.  As a prepaid service there are no refunds if you choose not to use the full term that you have paid for.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.