cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspension message with funds in account w/AutoPay

ElizabethButt82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I manage this account for my dad and today us the renewal date. I get this message even though there's funds in the account and anything else over is taken care of by autopay. Can someone please provide me with some insight on this? Here's a screenshot. I sent a text message from my phone and it seems to have gone through.20201228_021625.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

"Plan Expired" on renewal date is alarming but normal. It accepts payment, continues service without interruption, and fixes itself.

On the plus side, there's no charges at PM when the account is suspended/deactivated or when the account is unsuspended/reactivated. If you do fail to make a payment on time then you just don't get phone service until payment is received - which then starts a new 30-day billing cycle without counting (making you pay for) the days of suspension. Some people deliberately allow their payments and service to lapse into suspension when not using it because travelling/vacation/etc.

An account will remain suspended for 90 days without payment (or autopayment) before it is permanently terminated. So there's no rush if you need time to get stuff straightened out, though it's not prudent to neglect the account until the last few days (just in case any unexpected glitches caused delays).

The downside is that the account needs to be active to collect Rewards. Or to receive notifications from PM about gift offers/etc. If it's suspended when these things are issued then you'll miss out.

ElizabethButt82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It was "scary" indeed lol. I wasn't sure what happened. Thanks.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Just to add onto others' comments, this phone should be receiving some text messages tomorrow confirming that AutoPay has renewed the account for another 30 day cycle.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ElizabethButt82 

As long as your phone is working, you should be fine.  There is several "scary" warnings on the evening of the renewal date.  As long as phone works, the next day, the warnings are gone and the renewal goes through.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ElizabethButt82 wrote:

I manage this account for my dad and today us the renewal date. I get this message even though there's funds in the account and anything else over is taken care of by autopay. Can someone please provide me with some insight on this? Here's a screenshot. I sent a text message from my phone and it seems to have gone through.

Don't touch nothin'. Let it be. If your services keep working through to tomorrow noon ET then it's all normal.

Need Help? Let's chat.