cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspension for travel

Jolifleur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I will travel and would like to suspend my automatic payment? Is there will cancel my line and charge me another fee to reactivate it? Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

I have seen people come here to the community who either forgot to renew or left it too long or something. Their plan was permanently closed with virtually no way to get the number back. Do NOT try to leave it to the last possible minute to renew!

All you do is put enough $ onto your account to cover a plan renewal, renew the service and you’re done. As long as it has been suspended for less than 90 days. If you are still out of the country you can the. Let it suspend again 30 days later and then start counting days in suspension and renew before you get to 90 days. You can be in the $15 plan for those renewals as well.

AE_Collector

Jolifleur

Thanks

@Jolifleur wrote:

Thank you, is there a fee to pay within the 90 days?

@Jolifleur 

There is no fee during the 90 days of suspension, but you must be careful to reactivate your service before the 90 days are up OR you will lose your account and phone number after that time, and any rewards or Available Funds.

You may chose to list your phone as lost/stolen: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

Or just remove any payment method so that it does not auto renew on your renewal date. If you do not have enough Available Funds to renew your plan amount, your account will automatically be suspended, than the 90 day count down will begin.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jolifleur 

There are no extra fees at public mobile.😁 Here are two posts that I wrote yesterday for another customer asking the same question. The second takes into consideration the possibility of having an account balance that exceeds the plan cost.

Spoiler

You can suspend your account for up to 90 days ( 89 really) before it would be deactivated for non payment. It is best to reactivate it around day 85 just in case you have any issues when trying to pay and reactivate your plan.

Your account will automatically suspend if it recieves no payment on your renewal for the next 30 days of service. If you have a card registered for autopay you can remove autopay in your self serve account or by calling 611 from your phone. Your renewal will then fail and your account will suspend.

If you have a balance and/or you still want to earn your autopay reward you can keep your autopay intact and suspend your service via the lost/stolen feature in your self serve account.

If you suspend before midnight eastern on the evening before your renewal date you will keep your voicemail active while suspended. Just dial your number from another phone and press * when it connects and enter your 4 digit voicemail pin#. However any rewards you may have will not be automatically applied and once you pay and reactivate your service you can ask the moderators to apply them manually to your balance.

If keeping voicemail active is not important to you then you can suspend shortly after midnight eastern once you see your rewards applied and then make sure you suspend via lost/stolen before 2 am eastern when the autopay system will kick in to charge your card.

Set up a reminder in your phone' calendar and/or alarm a week and then 3 or 4 days before day 89/90 of suspension so you do not miss reactivating your account to avoid deactivation and losing your phone number.

Spoiler

I'm getting a different take on what you are asking which is why I'm asking for your renewal and departure dates. If you don't want to pay for your next renewal because you either leave before your plan renews or very shortly afterwards then your best choice is to suspend your account via lost/stolen and keep your card registered for autopay.

By using lost/stolen to suspend pm "freezes" your service and account. When your renewal comes along nothing happens. The system can't take money from your balance nor can autopay charge your card. Your data counter doesn't reset.....your account is "frozen" in time until you resume your service again via lost/stolen. If you have enough funds in your balance to cover your plan amount then the moment you unsuspend by clicking on resume your plan will automatically renew.

So if you don't intend to renew don't click on resume to just see what happens. If you don't have enough funds to cover your plan amount then after your renewal fails you could briefly unsuspend. Once you do that your data counter will reset and your account will say suspended. And you must do this to top up the account....because you cannot make payments while your account is in lost/stolen mode.

Regardless if you have a couple of days before renewal when you depart then just log into your account while you wait to board at the airport on their free wifi and suspend via lost/stolen.

If your renewal is before departure or that night then I recommend suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern so you retain active voicemail service. This way you can still access important calls or voice messages and recieve voice call verification codes if needed. If for some reason you can't call your phone number using a wifi calling app like fongo or textnow then at least you can still access voicemail from a traditional phone or using a local sim card's service.

no fee. 

Remember to do it before 90th day.  As I said, you should unsuspend around the 85th day

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jolifleur....

it would help if you could tell us how long you plan to be out of Canada. You could suspend your account...but only for a limited time.

Jolifleur

Thank you, is there a fee to pay within the 90 days?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Jolifleur  you have 90 days to unsuspend  🙂

if you have no available fund  in the account and you don't need your voicemail, you can remove Autopay and let it suspends itself at the end of the cycle.

Or you can choose to manually suspend it before the end of this cycle.  You will get to keep your VM and you can accessing it during your trip by calling  your number.

Either way, you only have 90 days from the day the account started  in the suspended status or you will loss your number, account will be closed permanently.  I suggest you to remind yourself to unsuspend it around 85th day just in case.   All you need to do to unsuspend is to manually pay the plan amount and click Reactivate current plan.

**Please note that any rewards you currently have will be removed once the account is suspended. After your service is reactivated, you can ask the moderators to apply them back to your account

Need Help? Let's chat.