cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspending service.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

If my 30 day cycle is due on the 20th and I suspended my account for 5 days would I have a new payment date of the 25th? I do have a balance of $50 and would leave auto-pay in place. 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kimberly1974 wrote:

Just because someone has " been here a while" does not equate they "outta know" anything! Comment comes across judgy and annoyed, next time perhaps just don't answer the question.... just sayin'

@Kimberly1974 

The regulars will often correct and direct other regulars with some teasing or judgyness as we all want the information here to be correct and relevant. I've been guilty of being rather opinionated. But I also accept the slap back or correction.

The regulars will often correct newcomers posts and when they do they will do it with respect and patience and welcoming to help guide them in their participation. Although sometimes some new posts are egregiously wrong to the point of being thoroughly bad advice to the OP that it needs to be brutally corrected. But that's rare.

Text can often be interpreted differently by others. When we can't hear inflection or see expressions, it makes it paramount to add emojis when the intention is something other than straight. Heck, with these stupid masks nowadays we can't see expressions made by just the mouth and can only see expressions from the eyes or forehead. All those micro-expressions everywhere that we don't get there or in text.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

@Kimberly1974 wrote:

Just because someone has " been here a while" does not equate they "outta know" anything! Comment comes across judgy and annoyed, next time perhaps just don't answer the question.... just sayin'

@Kimberly1974 Or you could have read the apology and explanation given by @z10user4 immediately following the reply by @LurganIeUk . Just sayin'

Kimberly1974
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You're not billed for suspended/inactive days.

If you (or your available funds, or your AutoPay) fail to pre-pay at renewal then your plan and service are automatically suspended. When you pay enough to cover your plan the plan and service are automatically reactivated and start the first day of a new billing cycle.

Your "monthly" payment date is always assessed on 30-day (or 90-day) billing cycles. The actual calendar number can change from month to month. It can be offset by any days your plan was inactive.

The account will automatically terminate after it's left inactive/suspended for 90 days. But otherwise there's no risk or "bad credit" or whatever from being late on reactivation. There's no charges for deactivating or for reactivating. Some people intentionally allow their plans to lapse when on vacation/etc.

Rewards are not applied to suspended accounts. No AutoPay Reward is obvious. No Community Reward if the plan is suspended on the date the reward is issued. No Referral Rewards if your referrals have their plans renewed while yours is suspended. No suspended days counted towards Loyalty Reward.

@LurganIeUk 

Self suspension via the lost/stolen feature is the only way to ensure that your service wont renew by using your balance or autopay. Once you pay and reactivate your service your 30 day cycle will start again. Suspending your service for more than 60 days will affect your loyalty reward by moving it forward by those many days so given the choice you would be better off renewing on day 59 than day 61.

When suspended via lost/stolen i know that without access to the phone/sim card you can still access voicemail while suspended by calling your phone number from a different phone.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

If my 30 day cycle is due on the 20th and I suspended my account for 5 days would I have a new payment date of the 25th? I do have a balance of $50 and would leave auto-pay in place. 

You've been here a while you kinda oughta know.

If you self-suspend an account and reactivate BEFORE it would otherwise have suspended if no payment was made then you would simply carry on again until the end of your current paid term.

If your self-suspend stayed suspended past your otherwise normal renewal date then you would have a new start date when you resumed.

Thanks, your majesty.  I wouldn’t have asked if I did know. 

LOL @LurganIeUk so is this just an experiment?  Do let us know what happens.  

oh btw, you may call me "My Lady".  😁

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@LurganIeUk Don't think the account will re-activate without an actual payment once you pass the Expiry date. Let us know what you discover. Suspending service has no impact on Expiry date.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

If you self-suspend an account and reactivate BEFORE it would otherwise have suspended if no payment was made then you would simply carry on again until the end of your current paid term.

If your self-suspend stayed suspended past your otherwise normal renewal date then you would have a new start date when you resumed.

Thanks, your highness. I wouldn’t have asked if I did not know. 

Yeah it comes out all wrong in text even with the colloquial spelling. I should've added smilies.

Apologies.

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Thanks, your majesty.  I wouldn’t have asked if I did know. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Yes, your renewal date would change. You would be prepaying for the next 30 days from your new date.

Need Help? Let's chat.