Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspending my service?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Hello,

I am on the $15 plan.

I am currently on auto pay and have 5 referrals for a total of $7 for rewards.

I have $40 in my Available Funds. 

I am going away and was going to put my phone on lost/stolen.

I have 90 days to pay from my renewal date to keep my plan active. On day 85, I will take my phone off lost/stolen. When I reactivate my plan on that day what is the cost? How much money will it take from my available funds? I will still have my credit card on file so am I entitled to the $2 autopay and the $5 referral. Does it take $15 or $8 or $10 to activate. 

4 REPLIES 4

@JK8 
In the big picture, your $15 service is costing you $8 a month. If you were suspended for exactly 90 days you will save $24 total doing this. You will actually save a bit less as you wont be suspended for the full 90 days and you will delay your annual incrementing loyalty rewards for almost 90 days. If you used someone’s referral code when you signed up they will lose your referral $1 for the 90 days as well. With the possibility of something going wrong and losing your activation and phone number if it goes over 90 days, personally.... I would just leave everything alone in your case.

AE_Collector

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@JK8 wrote:

I am on the $15 plan.

I have 90 days to pay from my renewal date to keep my plan active. On day 85, I will take my phone off lost/stolen. When I reactivate my plan on that day what is the cost? How much money will it take from my available funds? I will still have my credit card on file so am I entitled to the $2 autopay and the $5 referral. Does it take $15 or $8 or $10 to activate. 

There's no additional charges for being suspended or for reactivating.

You won't collect Rewards while suspended, they won't be credited to your balance. You'll also miss the AutoPay Reward for one cycle after manual activation. If your plan is inactive for 60 days or more then the days of suspended service also won't be counted towards Loyalty Reward.

I wouldn't advise waiting until day 85 of 90 towards the maximal limit before the account is permanently terminated. Maybe around day 75 or 80 is smarter. Unexpected problems, website malfunctions, support tickets, and back-and-forth messaging with the PM mods can take days to sort out (especially if any stat holidays and long weekends, lol) - and if the account is terminated then everything attached to the account is gone forever (SIM card, phone number, available funds, Rewards, Add-ons). If it's worth keeping then it's probably worth planning to pay for a little more redundant overlap, think of it as insurance ("cheap" insurance on a $15 plan, lol).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JK8 

Not changing the plan and resuming service will take $15 from your Available Funds. Then a little while after, the other rewards will be deposited...for that new term. Not back-dated.

@JK8 wrote:

Hello,

I am on the $15 plan.

It will take the full $15.

Need Help? Let's chat.