cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended service due to payment not going through

Vulfgang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have autopay set up and more than enough funds on my credit card to cover my plan. I was supposed to have a payment come through on the weekend, right when hurricane Dorian was coming though Halifax and got the "congrats rewards have been applied..." text message. I was still having trouble sending messages to friends and family, but figured it was due to a few cell towers being down from the storm. I was scheduled to fly to Ontario the next night (yesterday) and so I thought I would land here and my service would start working again. I landed at 11:30pm, and I still couldn't get any mobile data, but all my text messages looked like they were going through. I thought maybe that I was again in an area with bad reception so I connected to WiFi and ordered a rideshare into town. Now it's midnight and I'm supposed to contact family members to let them know that I'm okay, where I am, etc. I was also supposed to contact my family member that I was staying with to let them know I was outside so they could let me in. At this point I tried making my first phone call and only then found out that I my service was suspended. I had no internet, no reception and no one to contact. I can't stress enough how scary it is to be away from home with no service or a way to contact family. I ended up wandering around trying to find an open wifi network, the *611 number was no help and when I was able to get on the internet, I couldn't resolve the issue - public mobile will not process my credit card no matter what I try. And at no point was I contacted to let me know that there was a problem with my plan, which makes me really angry because I could've resolved the problem while I had WiFi in Nova Scotia and avoided this whole situation.

I'm getting desperate and extremely frustrated, I need to get my cell service restored. Is there a physical store I can go into and do the transaction in person? Is there an emergency number I can call? I've submitted a ticket but don't have 48 hours to wait.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

16 REPLIES 16

Vulfgang

Thank you to all who replied and helped out. 

I ended up switching to another company for 2 reasons: I wasn't informed that my service was suspended (which I believe normally happens by a courtesy text), and I personally can't take the risk of not being able to contact a representative in an emergency. I hope PM will consider having an emergency contact, even if it's just online (but preferably through *611 so it doesn't require internet), but I understand that not having a call center keeps costs down. 

Take care and thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or via the link voucher stores.

@GinYVR wrote:

@VulfgangThe Store Locator are mainly for stores who provide activation services. Vouchers can be bought at these retailers.

Public Mobile Voucher RetailersPublic Mobile Voucher Retailers

Thank you I was looking for that to pass along but I couldn't remember where to find it.

@VulfgangThe Store Locator are mainly for stores who provide activation services. Vouchers can be bought at these retailers.

Public Mobile Voucher RetailersPublic Mobile Voucher Retailers

Hasty market, shell, pharmapix, zehrs, some loblaws or no friĺls, ultramar

@Vulfgang 

Other vendors include Walmart, WOW mobile, K mobile, Mobile shops (in Superstore).  Gas stations such as Esso, Shell, etc.  

Quickest way is via the website:  recharge.com (as mentioned in previous post).  You will pay a service fee, which makes it more expensive than in store, but sometimes worth the convenience.

Let's see other than can tire, shoppers, wow mobile, esso let me think you're in Toronto....a little help from the big smoke?

Vulfgang

I should also mention that the store locator function isn't working so I can't find out where to buy vouchers.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Vulfgang wrote:

I have autopay set up and more than enough funds on my credit card to cover my plan. I was supposed to have a payment come through on the weekend, right when hurricane Dorian was coming though Halifax and got the "congrats rewards have been applied..." text message. I was still having trouble sending messages to friends and family, but figured it was due to a few cell towers being down from the storm. I was scheduled to fly to Ontario the next night (yesterday) and so I thought I would land here and my service would start working again. I landed at 11:30pm, and I still couldn't get any mobile data, but all my text messages looked like they were going through. I thought maybe that I was again in an area with bad reception so I connected to WiFi and ordered a rideshare into town. Now it's midnight and I'm supposed to contact family members to let them know that I'm okay, where I am, etc. I was also supposed to contact my family member that I was staying with to let them know I was outside so they could let me in. At this point I tried making my first phone call and only then found out that I my service was suspended. I had no internet, no reception and no one to contact. I can't stress enough how scary it is to be away from home with no service or a way to contact family. I ended up wandering around trying to find an open wifi network, the *611 number was no help and when I was able to get on the internet, I couldn't resolve the issue - public mobile will not process my credit card no matter what I try. And at no point was I contacted to let me know that there was a problem with my plan, which makes me really angry because I could've resolved the problem while I had WiFi in Nova Scotia and avoided this whole situation.

I'm getting desperate and extremely frustrated, I need to get my cell service restored. Is there a physical store I can go into and do the transaction in person? Is there an emergency number I can call? I've submitted a ticket but don't have 48 hours to wait.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

If your Auto Pay didn't charge your credit card and forced you into suspension  try the tricks suggested already. If they dont work add enough funds to change plans and activate immediately.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@VulfgangUnfortunately Public Mobile doesn't have physical store or call centres. If you are on autopay log into your selfserve account and see what is the situation of your account first. If the plan is active, try the Lost/Stolen toggle or add $1 to your account.. either one supposedly will kick start your account.

Usually libraries, Starbucks, Tim Hortons are pretty reliable way to get free wifi in a pinch.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Vulfgang, given your situation, I recommend contacting the moderator team and having them investigate the account problem.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team.  Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions.  Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

Or search: real time vouchers are here... click on link

Pay thru 611 with credit card or voucher.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Go to help...put in vouchers....click on link.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could use recharge.com to make a payment.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Vouchers are available at Canadian tire to top up via 611....ill find the list of retailers for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.