cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended but why?

Nice2meetu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have checked some questions and responses here and although my situation has been approached, I'm not sure if I found a right answer.

Here goes ...

I'm new to Public Mobile, this is my first month to pay.  I have had $35.00 in my balance for several days.  The monthly charge of $25.00 was supposed to come out last night but now my service is suspended because of not enough funds being there, although there's $10.00 extra.

Reading some previous replies, there was a suggestion of putting a bit more on so I put an extra dollar in.  Still, my service is suspended and I have absolutely no clue as to why.

Is this what to expect on a monthly basis.

I'm hoping someone can help.

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Unless you have lost service I.e. can't call or text....this sounds like the first renewal panic by not understanding what your account does during renewal. It sounds like you did the first thing correctly....you topped up your account as in paying manually. Bravo! The second thing you did was check your account out of curiosity...not necessarily a bad thing but it is often suggested not to do this because of the third thing you did.....PANIC!!!!!! This is totally normal...the account suspension notice. Panicking not so much...well kinda that's what a lot of people do. At least you didn't see the EXPIRED one that might have put you over the edge. Don't worry be happy as long as you can use your phone you're going to be ok. In future don't look at your account during renewal unless you can't use your phone.....then you can panic!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nice2meetu , during the renewal process, the account shows suspended status for some time as it progresses through the renewal process.  What matters most is whether your service is actually working during that time.  If the service is working, then the suspended status is just a part of the renewal process.  If the service is not working, then that's not normal and requires intervention.  The $1 top up is a workaround that sometimes it's effective in kick-starting an account that is stuck during renewal.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try the lost/stolen feature. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone. You could potentially lose any rewards that have.   If you need to contact a moderator then click on the question mark on the bottom right to submit a ticket using Simon.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Nice2meetu wrote:

I have checked some questions and responses here and although my situation has been approached, I'm not sure if I found a right answer.

Here goes ...

I'm new to Public Mobile, this is my first month to pay.  I have had $35.00 in my balance for several days.  The monthly charge of $25.00 was supposed to come out last night but now my service is suspended because of not enough funds being there, although there's $10.00 extra.

Reading some previous replies, there was a suggestion of putting a bit more on so I put an extra dollar in.  Still, my service is suspended and I have absolutely no clue as to why.

Is this what to expect on a monthly basis.

I'm hoping someone can help.

Thank you in advance.

Does your account say suspended or do you not have service?

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The easiest thing to try is to buy a voucher and dial 611 or *611 from your phone and put in the entire monthly plan amount again, or the lost/stolen trick - you can read about both by click this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/AutoPay-Stopped-amp-I-Cannot-...

Need Help? Let's chat.