cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended but I paid?!

Wafelinho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello guys. I'm new to Public Mobile and it's been my first month using it. Everything is great but the website and 611 are both telling me that my account is suspended when in fact the balance is exactly how much the plan requires. Is it like a normal message that everyone gets or should I worry? It already shows 14 MBs out of 3 GBs of data used so I'm guessing it's working fine? My top up is due today. Yesterday I went on Self Serve and I added $27 on top of the $25 bonus I had to make it add up to exactly $52, which is how much my plan requires. I noticed though that there must have been some kind of a glitch. The "amount due" wasn't showing and it wouldn't let me see my plan details, as if my plan doesn't exist. I couldn't select to pay "balance owing" because it wouldn't detect anything. So I manually typed in "27". My account has $52 as the balance but now there is a "suspended" message showing. However, I can finally see my plan details and other information. I'm just worried because I need this plan to be working for my job and this is confusing me. I don't want to be surprised tomorrow when my job depends on me using my phone. Thank you so much for help.

5 REPLIES 5

tulak

Mine won't work, its been a week,a nd now the last 2 days i ahve made payments on my auto pay now that my credit card has rooma gain, still suspended

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Wafelinho

If today was your payment due date, then here's what to expect:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" sometime before midnight tonight.
2. Conversion of all rewards (including autopay) to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment not collected yet at this point.  Account will show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), plan will be renewed. Account status will then show "active."

For myself (a seasoned public mobile customer) it still worries me everytime I see this although I know its probably going to be fine. I think its a terribly designed system. It should say something easier on the eyes, such as "Renewal in process" in green letters instead of "SUSPENDED" in red letters.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I watched things closely on my first renewal but it all worked out fine.

Hopefully it'll be alright for you since you may have been fiddling in the account at the times it would like to do things.

If it's all still working through the next half hour to an hour or so then it'll likely be fine.

If it's not working in the morning then you'll need to send a message to the mods. Or try a little trick that people are having success with of just adding another dollar to kick it into recognizing that it has enough funds.

Wafelinho

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wafelinho wrote:

Hello guys. I'm new to Public Mobile and it's been my first month using it. Everything is great but the website and 611 are both telling me that my account is suspended when in fact the balance is exactly how much the plan requires. Is it like a normal message that everyone gets or should I worry? 

If you're right at renewal time then DON'T PANIC! 🙂

You'll see Plan Expired in red.

Then you'll see suspended at the top.

Give it overnight and it'll all settle down.

As long as your service is still working and it's still working in the morning then you're good.

Thank you so much! I typed up my post a bit too quickly, I edited it to add more information but you responded right away. I was worrying but knowing that this is a standard process, I guess I can sleep in peace haha. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wafelinho wrote:

Hello guys. I'm new to Public Mobile and it's been my first month using it. Everything is great but the website and 611 are both telling me that my account is suspended when in fact the balance is exactly how much the plan requires. Is it like a normal message that everyone gets or should I worry? 

If you're right at renewal time then DON'T PANIC! 🙂

You'll see Plan Expired in red.

Then you'll see suspended at the top.

Give it overnight and it'll all settle down.

As long as your service is still working and it's still working in the morning then you're good.

Need Help? Let's chat.