cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended account for an evening

Thermole
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was applying my holiday rewards but noticed my account was suspended. History shows my autoplay plan has never gone wrong. Today..auto-pay happened and I am nolonger suspended. Does this happen every month and does this have a negative effect on my long term relationship with public mobile?

10 REPLIES 10

@Thermole 

Public Mobile is prepaid. That means you pay for 30 days and then your account goes into suspension because the 30 days has been exceeded. IF you set up a credit card to automatically renew your account every 30 days rather than you adding a voucher at some point to buy the next 30 days the credit card will be charged for the renewal and once it has apparently gone through your account renews. This all happens over night every 30 days (unless you are on a grandfathered 90 day plan). 

So while “suspended” sounds bad and maybe they could change the wording, it is really just a misunderstanding of what PrePaid cell service is and how it works that is bothering you. There are no credit checks here so they don’t renew you hoping you pay at some point. 

Nothing to worry about. Bringing up that you cant claim free gifts during this window of a couple of hours (phone service doesn’t stop) is just a reason for them to stop giving existing customers free gifts.

AE_Collector

@Thermole wrote:

It's a red flag ...feels like I'm put in a bad light every month...too bad I was trying to do something while suspended otherwise I could be blissfully ignorant. I gone an eaten the apple.

Ignore those messages...you did nothing wrong. It's been an issue around here for at least 3 years that I know of.

PM is in the process of enlisting the help of some new Oracles...maybe they'll be able to provide traction to make some of these kind of changes.

Happy Holidays and welcome to Public Mobile.  😷

Thermole

It's a red flag ...feels like I'm put in a bad light every month...too bad I was trying to do something while suspended otherwise I could be blissfully ignorant. I gone an eaten the apple.

@Thermole wrote:

I did but one I can't help but feel there must be a better way for public mobile to deal with accounts... suspending my account ...possibly monthly..has very negative connotations.

@Thermole hi the question I was asking was it  actually suspended or did it just say that the evening of your renewal? it goes through that process every month 😁

@Thermole...

we all agree but have learned to live with those ominous messages as just part of the process. As long as you have $$ in Available Funds or a valid credit card set to AUTOPAY, all should be well in the am after renewal.

FYI...Autopay has been known to fail occasionally. Some seasoned PM'er will manually add $$ to Available Funds, several days before renewal date. That seem to make renewal process happy and you still get the Autopay Reward.

Thermole

I did but one I can't help but feel there must be a better way for public mobile to deal with accounts... suspending my account ...possibly monthly..has very negative connotations.

@Thermole wrote:

I was unable to apply the holiday awards while suspended...so there is an impact

You should be able to get it this morning after the successful renewal of your plan.

Thermole

I was unable to apply the holiday awards while suspended...so there is an impact

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Thermole wrote:

I was applying my holiday rewards but noticed my account was suspended. History shows my autoplay plan has never gone wrong. Today..auto-pay happened and I am nolonger suspended. Does this happen every month and does this have a negative effect on my long term relationship with public mobile?

@Thermole hi as long as your service works disregard that message it says that every time your account is up for renewal 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Thermole...

when your regular plan renews itself in 30 days...it goes through the Expired / Suspended messgaes. Just ignore. There is no negative impact on your account or rewards.

Need Help? Let's chat.