cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended account being ported out

SkimGuy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I was just wondering if your account is suspended due to non-payment, will the account still be able to be ported out to another provider? Or does the account need to be in good standing for it to be ported. Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES 11

@SkimGuy wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

@SkimGuy wrote:

I have to wait until I get the new SIM card from the new provider. I cannot remove my CC as that will cause my account to be in suspension if I do not receive the new SIM/Port out does not occur before the next billing cycle. I could possibly switch to the $10 talk/text plan, but I would prefer not to pay anything at all if possible. 

I suggest that you schedule the plan change to 10 plan right away.

Then if you get the sim on time, just remove your credit card info
Best luck

PS. You may also want to change your login, email for self-serve account to your spam mail. In the future pm may be the right choice for you and you may have issues opining the self-serve with your favorite email again. Also you would be able to link the new account with this community account as well

That is a good idea, I will switch to the $10 plan now. Worst case scenario I will be charged $10, best case I will not have to pay any top up at all. Do you get the auto-pay bonus on $10 plan? 

Yes you'll get it. As long as you have a credit card or visa debit registered on your Self-serve account.

SkimGuy

@kselmak wrote:

@SkimGuy wrote:

I have to wait until I get the new SIM card from the new provider. I cannot remove my CC as that will cause my account to be in suspension if I do not receive the new SIM/Port out does not occur before the next billing cycle. I could possibly switch to the $10 talk/text plan, but I would prefer not to pay anything at all if possible. 

Best luck

PS. You may also want to change your login, email for self-serve account to your spam mail. In the future pm may be the right choice for you and you may have issues opining the self-serve with your favorite email again. Also you would be able to link the new account with this community account as well

That is a good idea, I will switch to the $10 plan now. Worst case scenario I will be charged $10, best case I will not have to pay any top up at all. Do you get the auto-pay bonus on $10 plan? 

@SkimGuy  Won't matter where you go, only post-paid plans give refunds for unused time.  So, you can only guess how much time to allow and be ready to pay PM if there is a delay. 

If you are leaving to save $ just get on with it; if to avoid potential problems with PM's support times, you might as well stay with the devil you know. IMHO 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@SkimGuy wrote:

Best luck

@SkimGuy wrote:

Before porting out, you should test out your new activation to make sure it meets your needs first. You don't want to make any haste decision and regret it later on.

Your PM account needs to be active in order to port. You should request a port at least 2 days before your next renewal date in case there are any issues.

If your account gets suspended and you want to port your number out, just top-up with $10 (the lowest priced plan) and reactivate your account with the $10 plan. Your PM account will be active and you will again have up to 30 days to complete your port.

Note that if you leave your PM account suspended for more than 90 days, your account will automatically close and you will lose the number.

SkimGuy

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SkimGuy wrote:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but let's say your next billing cycle starts in a few days, and you signed up for a new service and wanted to port your number from PM. What would be the best way to avoid possibly pre-paying another month at PM in order to keep the account active? I guess I could change to a cheaper plan but I'd rather not pay anything (unless I have to) if possible?

Port your PM number out ASAP before your payment due date to avoid paying extra month.

You should also delete your autopay credit card from your PM account to make absolutely sure that PM cannot take money out of your cc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SkimGuy wrote:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but let's say your next billing cycle starts in a few days, and you signed up for a new service and wanted to port your number from PM. What would be the best way to avoid possibly pre-paying another month at PM in order to keep the account active? I guess I could change to a cheaper plan but I'd rather not pay anything (unless I have to) if possible?

I would say port a couple few days before the end of the paid term so that any delays or problems will not cause the account to renew or suspend.

SkimGuy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SkimGuy wrote:

Hi,

I was just wondering if your account is suspended due to non-payment, will the account still be able to be ported out to another provider? Or does the account need to be in good standing for it to be ported. Thanks in advance

I'm pretty sure all carriers would need to have an active account to port out from it.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Must be active, you can swi%ch to 10 plan, that will also give you 30 days of comfortable testing new service before porting

Need Help? Let's chat.