cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended Service Despite Visa Showing Monthly Auto Pay Funds Taken Out By Public Mobile

satchmojo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Both myself and my wife transferred to Public Mobile about a month ago without any issues.

Both our accounts are on Autopay through my visa. My account renewed on the 3rd of June with no issues. My wife's account  was to have renewed on 6th of June, with my Visa account showing the money was taken out, by Public Mobile  and yet her service was "suspended" today June 7th.

This is totally unacceptable, and is our first unpleasant surprise with Public Mobile. Now her account requests that we make a payment to re-activate the service.  This is a Public Mobile accoungting issue in that they took the funds from my visa and for whatever reason, (transactional delay ?) went on to suspend the service. Totally unacceptable.  If I have to I will make another payment (under protest) just to get my wife's service re-established and get Public Mobile to straighten out what is an issue at their end. Hopefully this is not the way Public Mobile regularly operates.

Satch

11 REPLIES 11

satchmojo

Thanks to all the community members who provided feedback & insight on how to get my wife's cell phone service re-activated.

Ended up private messaging a Mod Team member who got everything back up an running within an hour of my providing her with the requested account & PIN info.

Special thanks goes out to the Mod Team member who fixed the issue in a timely manner once the requested information was communicated.

Yeah...Smiley Happy

Satch

satchmojo

For future payments, will now go the voucher route based on "community" insight & feedback.

Appreciate the helpful advice. Thanks.

Now to get the wife's phone re-activated....

Satch

@satchmojo wrote:

Thanks for the feedback... 

Remains not acceptble when the service is suspended (or threat there of) even once payment has been received through credit card and autopay.

Never had such an issue with previous carrier, don't need it now!

Regards,

Satch

VERY annoying to have this happen, I know. One way that's shown to eliminate occurance of this problem is to manually "preload" $$ into Available Funds before renewal date. A few days before renewal, make a payment equal to your plan cost and it seems to make the process happy. I personally do this and I haven't experienced that glitch since.

Good luck and hang in there...you'll eventually be happy you stayed. Keep us posted.

@satchmojoand yet here we are.. that's a reason for the lower cost. The best way to unsuspend your wife's phone is skip the whole credit card thing, go out an get a voucher.. top up via 611. In the future.. keep a few extra $ either from cash/vouchers or awards for a month, just to keep the account active in case of card failure. You still get autopay $2 off even if you use a voucher.. they just need a credit card on file.. (weird I know)..

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@satchmojo wrote:

Public Mobile tells me that my visa card has been declined yet my visa account shows that Public Mobile has received payment for my account (no issue) and payment for my wife's account which Public Mobile has suspended. My account renewed on June 3rd, no issue, my wife's renewed on June 6th, with Public Mobile de-activating her service today June 7th, yet my online visa account statement shows Public Mobile got payment yesterday, posted today June 7th, 2019.   

When I go to make another payment as requested by Public Mobile just to re-activate my wife's phone service, Public Mobile tells me that I can't use that card because it was declined... Bottom line is there was (and always is) sufficient funds in my visa account for Public Mobile to draw from with AUTO Pay for both my account (3rd of the month) and my wife's account (6th of the month).

Since Public Mobile has been paid by my visa card, let's get her service re-activated ASAP and stop making matters difficult for us, the customers. 

Get back to me so I can give you my cellphone number and we can talk to get this matter resolved.

Serge M. 

I'm not sure if you know yet, but this community is fellow customers trying to help fellow customers. We don't have access to your account to sort any of this out. We can only try our best to share some of our wisdom and give you some tips that might help you out.

As Public Mobile seems to be having issues with your one credit card and declining it without reason, is it possible for you to use a different card so the payment will go through? Another option would be puchasing a voucher and applying that to your account.

If you haven't yet contacted Public Mobile, you can use the link I previousy provided and send the moderators a private message about your problem.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Unfortunately, Public Mobile doesn't offer phone support. That's one of the drawbacks that come with the cheaper plans. 😞

@satchmojoPublic Mobile doesn't work this way. There is no voice support. The only way is to contact the moderator via the envelope icon on the top right hand corner.. type in @moderator_team and they will get back to you via the same system from a few hours up to a few days.

satchmojo

Thanks for the feedback... 

Remains not acceptble when the service is suspended (or threat there of) even once payment has been received through credit card and autopay.

Never had such an issue with previous carrier, don't need it now!

Regards,

Satch

satchmojo

Public Mobile tells me that my visa card has been declined yet my visa account shows that Public Mobile has received payment for my account (no issue) and payment for my wife's account which Public Mobile has suspended. My account renewed on June 3rd, no issue, my wife's renewed on June 6th, with Public Mobile de-activating her service today June 7th, yet my online visa account statement shows Public Mobile got payment yesterday, posted today June 7th, 2019.   

When I go to make another payment as requested by Public Mobile just to re-activate my wife's phone service, Public Mobile tells me that I can't use that card because it was declined... Bottom line is there was (and always is) sufficient funds in my visa account for Public Mobile to draw from with AUTO Pay for both my account (3rd of the month) and my wife's account (6th of the month).

Since Public Mobile has been paid by my visa card, let's get her service re-activated ASAP and stop making matters difficult for us, the customers. 

Get back to me so I can give you my cellphone number and we can talk to get this matter resolved.

Serge M. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@satchmojo It is common in My Account showing as "Suspended" on the renewal date. It will correct in the next date. If your wife phone is not working by tomorrow, you better contact the Moderator directly. Because we have access to your account and nothing we can do as community members. 

You can simply click on the Envelop icon and send to "Moderator_Team" in a private message.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your wife's phone is still working, then I wouldn't worry about the suspended remark in her account. It's standard practice for the self serve account area to show a suspended status while the payment is going through. I'm not sure why they do it in such a way, because seeing that can be very disconcerting if you aren't expecting it.

On the other hand, if her phone isn't working, then she's probably been hit with the AutoPay glitch that seems to be popping up for certain accounts. In that case, you may need to contact the moderators to have them sort out the problem. You could be looking at a two day wait, however, so be aware that you may need to be patient to hear back from them. Here's the link you can contact them through:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@satchmojoDoes your wife's account still works ie can she dial, text and browse (if subscribed).. if so.. just let it be, ignore it.. it is a known issue. If any of the service doesn't work then contact the moderator.

Need Help? Let's chat.