Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend service for 3 months

b4basir
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Alan

I have a question

Can i have on hold the phone service actually i am going to europe for 3 months.

14 REPLIES 14

@stonechucker wrote:

@pm-smayer97, Okay... well I've seen this same post (it could be cut and paste, or slight variations of the same post) that you've been posting on already resolved threads this week.  Some, multiple weeks old.

Sorry.  I'll just complain to myself from now on.

If you actually read them you should have noticed that the replies were relevant in each case. Who cares how "old" the thread is? The whole point of a forum like this is that "old" is referenced all the time. And frankly, "weeks" is not old... really?! And several were only days old. And BTW, the reason I posted is because the information on those posts was incorrect or incomplete.

The primary criterion IMO should always be relevance... if it is, then there should be no issue.

@pm-smayer97, Okay... well I've seen this same post (it could be cut and paste, or slight variations of the same post) that you've been posting on already resolved threads this week.  Some, multiple weeks old.

Sorry.  I'll just complain to myself from now on.

@stonechucker wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@Jdmom3, your suggestion is not doable for this customer.  They're on a plan that is no longer offered, so if they wish to retain plan they're on, they need to make it active within 90-days of inactivity.

Grandfathered (no longer available) plans cannot be made active once lost.

Exactly. That is why it is important to read the article cited above (When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold (Extended absence, etc) to understand all the nuances and implications of which way a plan is suspended/placed on hold.

Why are you reposting this in the same thread?  Stop posting for posting sake!

Actually I am not. It is a direct response. But then I also do not have to justify my actions to you since this is public forum, though the response should have been obvious.

But really, what is the issue anyway? (no need to reply... this is a rhetorical question)

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@Jdmom3, your suggestion is not doable for this customer.  They're on a plan that is no longer offered, so if they wish to retain plan they're on, they need to make it active within 90-days of inactivity.

Exactly. That is why it is important to read the article cited above (When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold (Extended absence, etc) to understand all the nuances and implications of which way a plan is suspended/placed on hold.

Why are you reposting this in the same thread?  Stop posting for posting sake!

@stonechucker wrote:

Jdmom3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It might be less hassle to change your plan to the cheapest plan for 3 months and change back when you get home. 

@pm-smayer97, I know you have that, but most users don't want to research, and you know that.

I've done a bit of research by looking when the OP signed up for the community, and I noticed they've have participated very much since joining.  The more info I can put in the thread for them to read, the better.

I am also on the same plan as the OP (I think - still no confirmation) so that 3 month period could be either an "I don't care what happens to my plan" or "oh, crap... I still need to pay for it" situation.

I see your RSS to Email has now bee recreated by Public Mobile, and that was something I didn't expect to happen, but hey, now it has.  Keep up the effort on this, and it too may get picked up by Public Mobile.

@stonechucker wrote:

@b4basir, looking at your start date for the community, I'm betting you're on the Fall 2016 Plan.  That's a grandfathered plan, and if you're wanting to keep it when you get back from Europe, your plan will need to be active during at least a part of the trip, as 90 days may or may not be 3 months, but it's cutting it very close.

Remember, if your plan is suspended for 90 days past your last day of the cycle, it will be lost for inactivity.  

You will need to know when your next renewal is scheduled on your current cycle, you will need to know exact dates for your trip to make your service suspended before and after your trip.

If you choose to manually suspend your plan, your countdown on plan renewal date continues and will shorten the available time after that renewal date, as the countdown will start on the manual suspension.

That is why in the article above it is recommended to consider any grandfathered plans and why it is not recommended to manually suspend an account unless you have a balance in the account greater than the cost of renewal (assuming you would want to preserve it).

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@b4basir, looking at your start date for the community, I'm betting you're on the Fall 2016 Plan.  That's a grandfathered plan, and if you're wanting to keep it when you get back from Europe, your plan will need to be active during at least a part of the trip, as 90 days may or may not be 3 months, but it's cutting it very close.

Remember, if your plan is suspended for 90 days past your last day of the cycle, it will be lost for inactivity.  

You will need to know when your next renewal is scheduled on your current cycle, you will need to know exact dates for your trip to make your service suspended before and after your trip.

If you choose to manually suspend your plan, your countdown on plan renewal date continues and will shorten the available time after that renewal date, as the countdown will start on the manual suspension.

It is poor and misleading information to simply suggest that customers turn off AutoPay without knowing their complete situation. This may NOT be the best option. I strongly recommend that you read the most up-to-date and complete info on the choices and implications here:

When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold (Extended absence, etc)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can suspend your account for up to 90 days.

See the following solution for now information.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@b4basir wrote:

Hi Alan

I have a question

Can i have on hold the phone service actually i am going to europe for 3 months.

I know you're addressing this to someone called Alan but you can kinda do your own "hold". If you turn off autopay and if don't have sufficient funds in your Available Funds then at your next renewal, your service will go into suspension. It can stay in suspension for up to 90 days. 3 months roughly. If you wish to have your service back with your previous plan inside of that 90 days then all you need to do is deposit sufficient funds into your account to cover your plan cost and click on the Reactivate button and you're back in swing.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@b4basir wrote:

Hi Alan

I have a question

@b4basir 

You can let your plan expire and stay in suspended status for up to 90 days before the account gets deleted. Simply remove autopay and let your current cycle expire. If your account happens to already have enough balance to cover your plan, then you could set your phone to lost status in your self-serve account just before your renewal date (that will prevent it from renewing and using up funds), then take it out of lost before the 90 days is up.  Be sure to give yourself a bit of margin before the 90 days ends to be safe against losing your phone number and account.

Need Help? Let's chat.