cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend service and balance auto deduction

sohailsayani
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My family member has some balance 80$ in her PM account and the SIM is active. She is travelling to US for a few months and we dont need the service.  I am planning to suspend it via self serve. I read that for 90 days we can keep the number. My question is that after suspending , will the monthly balance continue to deduct for the next 90 days? We are not planning to reactivate it for some time.

13 REPLIES 13

Suspension period is only 90 days long.  Available balance and phone number will be lost if you stay an entire 90 days in suspension.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sohailsayani wrote:

During suspended state, does it continue to deduct from existing balance?

No. Available Funds stays as was. Autopay doesn't trigger.

sohailsayani
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

During suspended state, does it continue to deduct from existing balance?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh! Thanks ShawnC13.

I had thought that I had gathered some time ago here that the counter started at the end of the paid term. But I guess that does make logical sense as it IS suspended.

@Anonymous wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Anonymous

I think you meant to write that the $10 plan is only 30 days?

The suspension caused by the lost/stolen starts the 90 day counter at the end of the paid term.

As I understand it 🙂

Actually when you go lost or stolen phone it starts a new 90 day counter of your sim being deactivated.  Your sim can only be deactivated for 90 days so that day you do this is the one to take into consideration.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Anonymous

The suspension caused by the lost/stolen starts the 90 day counter at the end of the paid term.

As I understand it 🙂

Ah, ok, now I get it.

I guess I was halfway stuck on mentioning that access to the current plan would be lost doing your method. Unless it is still offered on return to Canada / the regular usage.

Yes. popping's comment is very important. Same with a promo plan that is no longer available. I guess I should have said these things too.

@Anonymous wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Anonymous

As I understand it 🙂

Ah, ok, now I get it.

I guess I was halfway stuck on mentioning that access to the current plan would be lost doing your method. Unless it is still offered on return to Canada / the regular usage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Anonymous

As I understand it 🙂

@Anonymous

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@sohailsayani wrote:

My family member has some balance 80$ in her PM account and the SIM is active. She is travelling to US for a few months and we dont need the service.  I am planning to suspend it via self serve. I read that for 90 days we can keep the number. My question is that after suspending , will the monthly balance continue to deduct for the next 90 days? We are not planning to reactivate it for some time.

As above...here's my take.

Since you have a substantial balance...

A couple days before your next renewal, do an immediate plan change to the $10 plan. Now you've spent $10. Then use the lost/stolen feature. This will suspend your service. It will run out the current term though...just no service. But it only lasts 90 days. After say 110 days (after calling it lost) call it found. The system will renew at the $10. Another $10 spent. Then call it lost again. etc until you're back.

@sohailsayani,

Please note that if you have an old plan which is not longer offered by PM, you will not get your old plan back after a plan change.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sohailsayani wrote:

As above...here's my take.

Since you have a substantial balance...

A couple days before your next renewal, do an immediate plan change to the $10 plan. Now you've spent $10. Then use the lost/stolen feature. This will suspend your service. It will run out the current term though...just no service. But it only lasts 90 days. After say 110 days (after calling it lost) call it found. The system will renew at the $10. Another $10 spent. Then call it lost again. etc until you're back.

Edit: Not 110 days...do it around 85 days after calling it lost.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sohailsayani wrote:

I would removev autopay if you have it setup as well to stop from taking from your Available Funds balance I think if you go in and report your phone lost or stolen that will stop it from taking that money as it will deactivate your sim.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sohailsayani, in your case where you have funds in the account, you will need to use the lost phone feature to block renewal.  Your current paid service will run down and at renewal time, the account will go into suspension at which time the 90 day clock will run.  When you are ready to restore the account, simply toggle the lost phone feature and indicate phone has been found.  Then reactivate the account.

Need Help? Let's chat.