cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Bill Payment via Bank ATM (or ATM Payment)

BatteryDie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I noticed public mobile supports VISA card and voucher only. I am currrently using voucher in way. I don't have debit card and credit card. I would like to suggest the bill payment via bank ATM becuse I can input any amount for bill which it's easier than buying fixed amount voucher like $40. I wish there is custom amount voucher like amazon and steam gift card have custom amount. I used bank ATM to pay monthly bill fido and rogers before. Most bill mail came with bank number where bank teller can add it to bank account.

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned recharge.com?  I've never used it but it's another option for purchasing vouchers electronically online.  They charge a small fee but no tax, so depending on your province, the overall cost is +/- a very small $ amount.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Osaga 

In addition to those bank reloadable "CC" cards, there are also Visa and Mastercard prepaid gift cards that you can find in lots of stores. They're not reloadable but they satisfy initial payment and the autopay reward. I'm waiting to see if they'll do actual autopay.

You might find a brand called MyVanilla. Don't use those. Use their sister brand just Vanilla.

@Osaga, you're right, but things change all the time, but unfortunately, PAP hasn't been set up yet for Public Mobile, and I don't know if it's even a thought right now.

MasterCARD is now an option, rather than just Visa, and so are certain American Express cards.  Some prepaid reloadable credit cards also work (I use one), and voucher options are more easily available that they were previously, now in more major national retailers.

Back when I joined, prior to this thread being created in 2017 (I started 2016), Canadian cards and address only were allowed, and now it's available to US-based address and banks for those coming north to visit.

Let's hope change keeps occurring for those looking for PAP access.

Osaga
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see the request for bank payments/more payment options but most replies state that there's the visa debit payment... BUT not all banks offer the debit visa and those those of us without debit visa card can only pay with the vouchers which is OK for one time/emergecy payment but not every month... at least with banks online bill payment... or PAP... just to make things a little easier

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There are actually 2 types of vouchers, one is fixed amount, the other is variable.  It is called real time payment voucher.  You give the cashier your phone number and they will deposit whatever amount you like to deposit.  I did my at Can Tire gas station and although some of the cashier can be clueless about it.  It is actually better to do variable payment as you can avoid multiple service charge if your payment voucher is >$100.

BatteryDie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, Unfortunately, I have no plan get debit card anytime without big reason (im simple guy don't pay many online services like netfilx for daily use. More save money.until I am done with college. Of course, i used fido account was postpaid. Used Rogers account was prepaid. I cannot remember what did my dad help me to get setup rogers payment on ATM for me unlike fido postpaid was easy too to setup ATM payment without problem. That's all.

But thanks for great & useful answer.

henrik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @BatteryDie,

Most banks now would offer VISA Debit which is tied to your chequing or savings account.   For example, TD have VISA debit as their client card, which is tied to your account.  PM gladly accepts Visa Debit payment and you can specify the amount that you want to pay.     You can even setup auto-payment using your visa debit and you get to save $2 every month!

Here's more information about ways to pay.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-about-Payments/ta-p/22171

Public Mobile is also a prepaid service, so there's no bill like postpaid Fido or Rogers.    Prepaid Fido won't have monthly bills either. 

Hope this helps..

Need Help? Let's chat.