cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in Europe 12GB/90day is due again and I won't be able to use it.

beirut
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My cell# is not important (so not an issue if I lose it) and if I have to switch a plan, then I'd rather be done with PM

I am more interested if there a way to delay deactivation?

Because I already paid twice and I haven't used a single MB. I am not doing that again.

15 REPLIES 15

@beirut 

Now that's a good plan......it will save you $10 a month off your next plan for 12 months!

beirut

Thanks! Yeah I will just let it deactivate. It used to be a great plan (price wise) but not so much anymore. And besides loyalty I have absolutely no rewards. So not losing much

@beirut 

What is the appeal of the 90 day plan your currently on? The full speed 4G? The ability to stretch all 12 gb over the 90 days? For the same amount of money you can get the $40/5 gb plan with a lot more flexibility. Do you have a lot of rewards to lose? If you don't care about the phone number and your not going to lose much reward wise just let it deactivate or offer it up to members to contact you privately and discuss the options. When you come back in the fall its prime flash sale season and you'll get a great deal on a plan with more data for less money and save yourself $120 right now by letting that plan go.......

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@beirut wrote:

I don't think people are looking for this deal. You can get better deals with Fido and Zoomer

Well I see. So I don't have much options

@beirut   I just tried to change plans on an account that is also expired and the plans page won't load, so I'm not sure if changing plans is an option that is available on expired accounts or it's perhaps a temporary glitch on PM's website which isn't loading the pages, which has been known to happen too. 

OTOH if changing plans option isn't available to users with expired accounts, then I would suggest submitting a message to moderators to see whether they are willing to allow you to drop down to the $15 plan given the circumstances you find yourself in.  You have nothing to lose and you can submit a ticket via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the prompts to finish.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@beirut , given the situation, perhaps the only thing worth saving is the phone number.  If that does not matter, then let the account deactivate and sign up for whatever is best when you return to Canada.  

@beirut wrote:

I don't think people are looking for this deal. You can get better deals with Fido and Zoomer

Did you consider the suggestion posed by @shep22  ? You can downgrade your plan to the minimum ($15/30days).

Downgrade now and pay $15, then when it Expires in 30 days...you can let 85 days go by before you renew another $15/30 days. (At 90 days Suspended your account closes for good so thats why I suggest renewing in 85 days).

Alternative is to just let your account close and get a new one when you return.

Make certain you look at the "fine print" of any of the other cell providers before you go there. The forum gets ex-Fido customers reporting how happy they are to have left and started up with PM.

beirut

Well I see. So I don't have much options

@beirut you can't just apply the payment. If its supended then, you should choose the $15 plan, and follow the instructions in the article. Here's an article on switching plans 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan pay attention to the part about switching suspended plans.  Sorry to hear that you are stuck. Hope its with family. Stay safe. 

@beirut 

Unfortunately this is one of the drawbacks of the 90 day plan. If you want to keep it you have to renew and pay for 90 days and then you can allow it to suspend for 90 days before deactivation or renew on day 87, 88 or 89. Is the 90 day plan that important to you? If it is you know what you have to do......

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@beirut wrote:

My cell# is not important (so not an issue if I lose it) and if I have to switch a plan, then I'd rather be done with PM

I am more interested if there a way to delay deactivation?

Because I already paid twice and I haven't used a single MB. I am not doing that again.

The best you can do is disable your autopay and suspend your account on the next renewal date.

You have 89 day to pay another $120 to get your plan working again.  Otherwise, your account will be canceled on the 90th day after suspension.  After cancellation, you are done with PM.

PM is no longer offer the $120/12GB 90 days plan.   People are still looking for that plan.  You can let someone to take over your plan and make some money if you want. 

beirut

This is a great suggestion! And something that I am looking for. Do you know if I can use this option even though my plan is expired (been since April) but not deactivated yet?

beirut

I wasn't very clean in OP -my plan expired already and is getting deactivated in a few days if I don't pay.

I am in Europe from 1st of September 2019. Paid a couple of times for PM even though I didn't use it a single time throughout this period. 

Originally I had to be back to Canada 2 months ago but due to situation I can't come back nor I know when will it happen.

The only reason I am with PM is because I have 12GB/90days plan. I am not interested in switching to other plans. I am just tired of paying for services I don't use. So I am either looking to get deactivation date prolonged or be done with this service

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can suspend your service  if you’d like to prevent any calls or messages from being sent or received. Doing so will not keep your plan from expiring; however, it will ensure that your credit card is not charged at your next renewal date if you’re on AutoPay.Just follow these steps:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Suspend Service

Note that after 90 days in suspend, your account will be deactivated permanently so be sure to return to this page if you find your phone or decide to get a new SIM card.

Triguy_0-1593380809878.png

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@beirut Remove your CC from autopay, and after your plan is failed to be paid, you have 90 days before your number is gone.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@beirut hi once your plan goes into suspension you have 90days before you lose your plan all you have to do before the 90days is renew for the lowest plan 15 dollars and  after that expires you will have another 90 days or you can let it expire altogether and buy another sim

Need Help? Let's chat.