cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step 5: Credit card not working (although card company says there shouldn't be a problem).

ijustlikecars
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I got a SIM card and am trying to activate it... everything works until I get to step 5 (paying for it), where it doesn't like my credit card details. I've tried multiple times over 2 days.

I called my credit card company (it's a Canadian Tire mastercard), they said online merchants will generally send through a $0 charge to verify the card; those charges have been going through to the card no problem, so they don't know why there would be a problem. I'm well under my credit limit and there are no issues with the card, which they confirmed.

Why is it not working? I thought Public Mobile sounded good, but now I can't sign up even though I want to... not exactly a great start...

17 REPLIES 17

It's better if you can send a private msg to mod dept
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Add your sim card number email address. And detailed explanation of issues
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

mike_1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help! Help!

I have 2 SIMS, and purchased a 3rd which I'm unable to activate.

Ive been trying for almost 3 days nonstop to Activate this SIM.

I get the error "Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information."

I have tried multiple browsers, clearing caches/cookies, using different CC, and my CC company are not seeing any transactions whatsoever. IJust as a longshot, I tried the SIM in my phone but its not activated.

I also went to Walmart to purchase vouchers, but their POS system doesnt recognise barcodes on the Public Vouchers so I'm kinda stuck here.

I want to take advantage of an offer that expires on 31-July, so hoping this can be resolved in the next 1-2 days.

I've checked online forums, and this is a common problem indeed with no answer except direct assistance from a @CS_Agent

Can a Moderator please contact me asap to get my SIM activated.

This is urgent for me. Can a Mod please contact me asap, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike.

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Glad to hear that your issues is been resolved.

ijustlikecars

Mods helped me out! Turns out the issue was that my street name was two words, so I was filling it out as #### Name Name Line, which the system didn't like. I ended up leaving off 'Line' and then it worked. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello Igmeister1,

Please can you send to us a Private Message?

Cheers

Abdoulaye

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Can u remove your number it's a open public forum. No personal details please

And you need to contact mod
Send a private message with your ph#, sim# and your email mod and they will get back to you when they can. 
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Igmeister1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the 3 g network with Province wide calling ,text & 12 Gig +6 Gig,the charge on my Visa is $163.80 I don't have any data,my account shows a $72 ballance,text & calling are working,what the hell is going on??can you please fix this XXXXXXXXXX

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I suggest you buy some vouchers for the time being as the mods will need some time to get to your issues.

If nothing seems working for you send a msg
Add
Email address
Phonenumber
Detailed explaination of issue

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Also you can buy voucher from close by shopper drug or Canadian tire
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

ijustlikecars

@will13am Under the size limits, no unit or apartment number...

ijustlikecars

@Samianauman have tried 2 different browsers on 2 devices... no unit or apartment # either. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Make sure the field size limits are observed.  I believe that apartment number field causes issues.  Try leaving it blank.

Try clear cache and cookie
Also try tablet or smartphone browser
If you have a unit or apt number try to skip it

ijustlikecars

Ok, I'll try that

ijustlikecars

@xCameron94x I've tried both Safari from an iPad and Chrome on a Windows computer, no luck with either. I've double- and triple-checked my info as well... Credit card company says everything there should be fine as the charges are going through; it seems to be something on the Public Mobile end of things

Dan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @ijustlikecars,

Welcome to PM. Sorry to hear about your issues. I think you should try contacting the mods to get this resolved. Here's the link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

try clearing your browser cache, try entering the information in incognito mode in your browser, or try a different browser all together.

Also make sure the information (your billing address) is exact. The info that appears on your bill from your credit card company 

Need Help? Let's chat.