cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting my renewal early

garysully1986
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Good old instagram used all of my data in the background so I now have no data. My renewal date for my account is June 27th. I have tried to set up the same plan again selected the option to do it from now, but the money still seems to be available and it my phone still has no data available. Can i please have my renewal month started straight away. I selected , 30 day plan, provincial calls, unlimited global texts and 3GB at LTE speed for $52.

Thanks 

Gary Sullivan

6 REPLIES 6

vogelhut
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you're on Android, you can actually prevent apps from using data in the background to prevent this issue from constantly occurring. Just go to Settings > Apps > select an app > Data and switch "background data" to off. That way, the app will only use up your data if you actively have it open. This is done on a per-app basis so you can decide what's important or not. Also, in the global Data tab off the main settings, you can see exactly how much data each app is using. 

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@garysully1986 wrote:

Thanks, I sent a message last night but have not heard anything yet, I wanted to make sure I asked correctly. How is the 3g, speed wise. I'm so used to LTE I am not sure if I would like the drop in speed unless it's decent. 

How do you normally use your data? If you use it for browsing, email, facebook, messaging etc. Then 3g is more than fine. I came from Telus LTE and honestly find no difference in speed for these activities. I have even streamed sporting events from TSN website with no issue. 

That being said, if you frequently download or upload large files, you will see a significant difference. 4k video streaming may buffer enough to drive you cracked. But for most common tasks, 3g is sufficient.

GC

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@garysully1986 if you search the forums 3g vs lte  there are several discussions.   here is one of them. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/3G-vs-4G-LTE-What-speed-is-right-for-y...

most people say they really dont notice much of a difference.  as it is still lte but throttled to 3mbs.  you will only really notice the difference if you are downloading files etc.

garysully1986
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I sent a message last night but have not heard anything yet, I wanted to make sure I asked correctly. How is the 3g, speed wise. I'm so used to LTE I am not sure if I would like the drop in speed unless it's decent. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi you need to message the mods to renw your plan early (for renewing the same plan)  just make sure teh funds are in available balance and then message private message them with the plan you want.

there is a 4.5 gb at 3g promo for 40$ /30 days its slower than the full lte but is a bit cheaper.  you can change to that plan youerself if you think it is an option.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @garysully1986, in order to restart the same plan a few days early, you need to send a private message to the moderators and ask them to do it for you.

Click here to send the moderators team a private message. Moderators' hours of operation are M-F 9AM-9PM(EST) & S/S 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.