cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry we are unable to verify your credit card information

redwheeler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was wondering if anyone has found a solution to the following problem...

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

-- Click "Payment" 

-- Click "Manage My Card"

-- Click "Replace this credit card"

-- Fill out the information on the form

-- Hit "Register"

ACTUAL BEHAVIOUR:

Error message received: "Unable to process transaction. Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR:

Request is processed

WHAT I'VE TRIED:

-- A different credit card (this works, but is not my preferred card)

-- Contacting the credit card company (they say everything's fine on their end)

-- Ensuring the address exactly matches my credit card file. I can change my credit card address online on MBNA's website, and tried the following permutations (I changed the numbers and name of the address examples):

1. MBNA Website = 1234 SILVER AVE STE 123

PM Form Variations (seperated by commas) = 1234 SILVER AVE STE 123, 1234 SILVER AVE, 1234 SILVER AVE (123 in the Apt# box)

2. MBNA Website = 123 - 1234 SILVER AVE

PM Form Variations (seperated by commas) = 123 - 1234 SILVER AVE, 1234 SILVER AVE (123 in the Apt# box)

3. MBNA Website = 1234 SILVER AVE (303 on second line)

PM Form Variations (seperated by commas) = 1234 SILVER AVE, 1234 SILVER AVE (123 in Apt# box)

SOME OTHER INFORMATION:

The credit card worked upon activation for my two lines and I was charged the appropriate amount for each, but when I tried to purchase an add-on, I got the message above. So, I removed the card in an attempt to re-enter the information and now I can't get it back on the account.

Any ideas or success stories, I'm all ears. Thanks a lot in advance and I'll basically try anything to get this card working. For my name, city, card number, and CVV2, I have, of course, ensured that it exactly matches the card.

37 REPLIES 37

kvonrosen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your response,

I did try all that already and is rather the error mentioned here or the 404 error when trying to pay.

I will contact customer chat again and see if they can help.

Thank you for the link!

If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

@kvonrosen 

Try clearing your browser cache and open a new window in incognito/private mode.

You can also try the live chat for activations.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

kvonrosen

Hello,

I am about to be a new customer, but honestly I feel so disappointed about this company and I haven't even started to get services yet.

I've been trying for days to get help about activating my services, when I try to activate online I keep getting this error:

Sorry, we are unable to process your credit card request. Please ensure your credit card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, please contact your credit card provider for more information.

And yes, everything is alright with the billing address, funds and card info, tried different cards and browsers. I cant believe this experience so far can only be described as frustrating and inconvenient, they have this "lunar year promo" which will expire soon and I am about to lose if I don't activate, all because of your web page problems.

I was so happy when I read all the good things and deals about this company, but so far I'm so disappointment, I am thinking to myself it was all too good to be true.

Strongly thinking about taking my business somewhere else and lose my $10 for this sim that I haven't been able to activate. Will not recommend at all if I don't get this issue resolved soon.

LindseyGrace

I had this same issue today for the first time, was using AutoPay with the same payment method for the last 6 months, confirmed with bank no issues on their end, showed the vendor (Public Mobile) did not try to process the payment. I tried this advice but still cannot re-add the same known good payment method (that has worked elsewhere since this issue started). Are there any other known ways to resolve this issue? Thank you!

ruturaj

I know that this is already resolved but I noticed one additional thing which is not described here so I will just add it for anyone facing a similar issue in future.

If you notice it clearly at the form field on the payments page, it is asking for Street Address, so Don't add your house/apt number in it, I added it thrice and didn't work, as soon as I removed it, it went through.

Hope it helps!

@inspyre wrote:

I am trying to update my card's expiry and cvv only, and now I am having to verify everything with Public as something triggered a problem. Really shouldn't be this hard as only the expiry and cvv changed.

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Enter the credit card address “exactly” as it appears on your statement.

Leave the apartment field blank. If needed enter your apartment number in the street address field.

Note: The credit card will get locked after a few failed attempts. You will then have to contact a moderator for assistance to have it unlocked.

If you continue to have problems with your credit card contact a moderator:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

inspyre

All checked already 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@inspyre wrote:

I am trying to update my card's expiry and cvv only, and now I am having to verify everything with Public as something triggered a problem. Really shouldn't be this hard as only the expiry and cvv changed.

@inspyre 

Don't use the apt# field. Either no space in postal code or drop last digit. Match the address style to that of the billing address of the card.

inspyre

@MarcoF wrote:

It’s a canadian card, but it’s a corporate card

@MarcoF Public Mobile is currently having issues with their systems processing vouchers so that might not be a good choice either. You might want to see if you can use the instant top-up option. You can

top-up what you want between $10 to $100 and the simplicity of having it added right to your account without needing a PIN. Simply tell the cashier how much you want topped up and provide them with your phone number. Instant top-ups are currently available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations. Contact your local store for details.

@MarcoFIf you are still in Canada you can purchase a voucher from a retailer.. or go to recharge.com (they charge a service charge).

The credit card processing system Public Mobile uses is a black box that is really quirky.

Public Mobile Voucher RetailersPublic Mobile Voucher Retailers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarcoF wrote:

There’s no other way to get my credit card processed? The problem is also I’m on vacation in a small town and my payment is due in 2 days but now my credit card won’t work on the website but works for every other provider I’ve used it with 

You could use recharge.com vouchers for an additional convenience fee. Or if you're on vacation in Canada then vouchers are sold in many places. Perhaps avoid Shoppers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarcoF wrote:

Hi I have tried everything and it still won’t process my credit card. At this point I feel like I just need to switch providers I’m so frustrated. How can I get my credit card to work?

As above...name and address exactly like the billing address of the card. Don't use the Apt# field. No space or drop last digit in postal code.

Even try a different browser or clear cache or incognito/privacy mode.

Unfortunately, if you've been trying a bunch of times, the system might lock out that credit card thinking it's an attempted fraud. In which case you'd need to ask the @Moderator_Team (< Click this) to reset your cc.

MarcoF

It’s a canadian card, but it’s a corporate card

MarcoF

There’s no other way to get my credit card processed? The problem is also I’m on vacation in a small town and my payment is due in 2 days but now my credit card won’t work on the website but works for every other provider I’ve used it with 

@MarcoFBesides making sure every small details on your credit card address / name etc match and it is a US / Canadian card? Not much you can do.

MarcoF

Hi I have tried everything and it still won’t process my credit card. At this point I feel like I just need to switch providers I’m so frustrated. How can I get my credit card to work?

darcy
Thanks guys. Just sent Simon my number

redwheeler

Oh, never mind. Simon's fast!

redwheeler

@darcy wrote:

@Saray_O can you please do the same for me (put me in touch with Public Mobile's credit card fraud department so they can reset my registered card)?

I'm having the exact same problem and need my card cleared so I can use my phone again (account is suspended until I make a payment and it won't let me make a payment).

Thank you in advance. This is my business phone and downtime is stressful :S

Hi Darcy,

I thnk you need to tag @CS_Agent, nowadays. There was an announcement a while back stating that they changed their support structure. For the quickest resolution, I think your best bet is to send a private message to @CS_Agent.

Good luck, and I hope they resolve this quickly for you.

Simon_O
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey there!

I just sent you a private message 😉

Take care,

Simon

darcy

@Saray_O can you please do the same for me (put me in touch with Public Mobile's credit card fraud department so they can reset my registered card)?

I'm having the exact same problem and need my card cleared so I can use my phone again (account is suspended until I make a payment and it won't let me make a payment).

Thank you in advance. This is my business phone and downtime is stressful :S

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@redwheeler wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

By the way, are you sure you didn't mean one of the other moderators?  Because Saray was to have retired this past March.

I've said too much. 🙂

Looks like they may have brought Saray back for a bit so Public Mobile doesn't get hit with the 12 day wait times that occurred during last year's promotion.

Whatever the reason for the comeback tour, Saray is awesome, and I'm glad that the Public Mobile folks have taken steps to keep the wait times from getting too long.

I see.  Well, I for one, am glad to have @Saray_O back even if temporarily.  I was about to broadcast it from the rooftops, but I'll refrain from that if that's what she prefers.  Smiley Very Happy    

redwheeler

@SD08 wrote:

By the way, are you sure you didn't mean one of the other moderators?  Because Saray was to have retired this past March.

I've said too much. 🙂

Looks like they may have brought Saray back for a bit so Public Mobile doesn't get hit with the 12 day wait times that occurred during last year's promotion. Or, maybe Simon's taking vacation and they needed coverage.

Whatever the reason for the comeback tour, Saray is awesome, and I'm glad that the Public Mobile folks have taken steps to keep the wait times from getting too long.

SD08

@redwheeler wrote:

Thanks to the moderator team, especially @Saray_O, it looks like my problem is now resolved.

@SD08, at least for me, you hit the nail on the head. I was transferring 2 lines over from Freedom Mobile under the same credit card. The activation process was... erm... very bumpy for me so I did enter in the credit card information a few times:

-- 1st time: Postal code had a space due to autofill... rejected

-- 2nd time: Probably refreshed the form by mistake

-- 3rd time: Success for signing up line 1

-- 4th time: Success for signing up line 2

-- 5th time: Rejected when trying to add a long distance add-on to one of the accounts

The story above is just from my memory so may not be 100% accurate. But, yes, the card was used too many times in a small period of time which sets off their fraud protection.

Saray got me in touch with Public Mobile's credit card fraud department and they reset the card. I was then able to add it successfully. I'm optimistic that in 3 months the autopay just works and I don't have to go through this again. 🙂

@redwheeler

Yeah, the moderators are great.  I'm glad the issue was resolved for you.  Hopefully, it's smooth sailing for the renewals going forward.  Smiley Happy 

redwheeler

Thanks to the moderator team, especially @Saray_O, it looks like my problem is now resolved.

@SD08, at least for me, you hit the nail on the head. I was transferring 2 lines over from Freedom Mobile under the same credit card. The activation process was... erm... very bumpy for me so I did enter in the credit card information a few times:

-- 1st time: Postal code had a space due to autofill... rejected

-- 2nd time: Probably refreshed the form by mistake

-- 3rd time: Success for signing up line 1

-- 4th time: Success for signing up line 2

-- 5th time: Rejected when trying to add a long distance add-on to one of the accounts

The story above is just from my memory so may not be 100% accurate. But, yes, the card was used too many times in a small period of time which sets off their fraud protection.

Saray got me in touch with Public Mobile's credit card fraud department and they reset the card. I was then able to add it successfully. I'm optimistic that in 3 months the autopay just works and I don't have to go through this again. 🙂

SD08

@70challenger wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

@redwheeler

The only other suggestion I can make is to have a PM moderator check to see if there is any block against your credit card from having made too many attempts and have them clear it.  You can contact by private message any of the moderators listed here:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...
Include the phone number for the account on which you previously had the credit card linked.

Does this apply to a card that was never linked or accepted in the system?

@70challenger

While I haven't had that happen myself, I imagine it could apply to any card that has been rejected multiple times by the billing system on either a registration or transaction.  In any case, it can't hurt to check with the mods after multiple tries and rejections, especially if it's your only credit card available.

70challenger
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@SD08 wrote:

@redwheeler

The only other suggestion I can make is to have a PM moderator check to see if there is any block against your credit card from having made too many attempts and have them clear it.  You can contact by private message any of the moderators listed here:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...
Include the phone number for the account on which you previously had the credit card linked.

Does this apply to a card that was never linked or accepted in the system?

redwheeler

I've sent the private message and still appreciate anyone chiming in with success stories or things to try in the meantime. I'm going to keep on working on this and will post to this thread if the problem gets resolved.

If you don't see such a post, it means the issue is still open. Even if you happen to read this in 2020.

Need Help? Let's chat.