cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I got my friends old number how do I get on to my account my friend gave me there old phone and n

BaabyGirl_21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

8 REPLIES 8

@BaabyGirl_21 

Call 611 from the phone. It will give you the basic info of the amount needed to renew the plan and the renewal date. 

Then go to a Shell station, London Drugs, 7/11 or SDM and purchase a voucher to cover the amount owing in order to renew the service. All of these retailers offer vouchers that are immediately valid upon purchase.

Call 611 from your phone and once it connects press (1) and (1) again and enter the 12 digit pin # from the voucher. It will tell you if it was added successully and send you a confirmation text from 611. Then your plan will renew without service interruption until you can contact your friend to get his log in info. Here is more member contributed info and examples of vouchers....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BaabyGirl_21 

If you need to make a manual payment to renew the service, purchase a Public Mobile payment voucher at www.recharge.com or get one at the following locations.

Once you get it, just dial *611 from the device to add the payment voucher.

Spudster_0-1622413598729.png

Spudster

@BaabyGirl_21 wrote:

The sim card and number came with the phone it's the same phone he had this is his old number but gave it to me. And yes I want to take over his number and plan. 

If his number and service is currently ACTIVE with Public Mobile, all he has to do is give you his login credentials so you can access their self-serve account and update payment information.

Afterwards, you'll want to message the moderators to update your login information (the username is the user's e-mail address - probably best to update that to YOUR e-mail address).

BaabyGirl_21

The phone and sim card are active  they came together from my friend he gave me his old number I want to keep it  I have been useing it already but my plan is due tomorrow so I want to know how to take it over an stuff and I dont know how to get a hold of him at the moment. 

BaabyGirl_21

The sim card and number came with the phone it's the same phone he had this is his old number but gave it to me. And yes I want to take over his number and plan. 

Spudster

Hi @BaabyGirl_21 

OK - can you clarify what you've done.  When you posted your question, you only added to the Subject line and didn't elaborate in the body of the question.

You "have your friend's old number" and "your friend gave you their old phone" could mean one of a couple of things.

1. Did your friend's old number and old phone have ACTIVE Public Mobile service? 
  2. Is your friend's old number with another provider and you want to PORT it over to a Public Mobile service so you take over the number here?
  3. Is their old phone compatible with Public Mobile?
  4. Do you have a Public Mobile SIM card?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BaabyGirl_21    OK.. i got it, you have your friend's phone

All you need to do is to ask him for the email address and password 

After you able to logo, change the credit card information.

Also, Open a ticket with mod and change the associated email address

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@BaabyGirl_21 

You'll need to get the login information from your friend. This is the only person who can help you. Without any the information about the account, customer support will have no way knowing that that the account is yours.

Need Help? Let's chat.