cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skipping a payment

Phoenix2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to travel out of Canada and I want to skip the next month's payment. Is that possible? Or will I lose my number?

I have autopay activated and I have $12 credit on my account. 

14 REPLIES 14

@Phoenix2 wrote:

Is it legally fine?

Yes it is. 

PM is a prepaid service so it allows you to suspend (either via non-payment or via Lost/Stolen) for 90 days without closing your account.  As long as you reactivate within 90 days, you can keep your number

After 90 days of non-payment, they will close your account and recycle your number

Phoenix2

Is it legally fine?

@Phoenix2   if you have $12 in your Available fund or from Community Reward, your best solution is to use Lost/Stolen to suspend your plan until you are back

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/suspend-service/

Just make sure you reactivate within 90 days and your number is all safe (after 90 days, your number will be gone..)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Phoenix2 : That is a pretty useless page. What plan are you on and what rewards are you expecting?

Phoenix2

Thank you. I want to pause my plan but there is no instruction on this page: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/pause-your-plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Phoenix2 : What plan are you on? What all rewards are you expecting?

Phoenix2

I already have a $12 credit. What should I do?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Phoenix2    A reminder that if you opt to change plans to $15 to save money while out of the country and your plan is grandfathered in and no longer available, then you would not be able to get back to that plan once the change has been made. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Phoenix2 wrote:

I want to travel out of Canada and I want to skip the next month's payment. Is that possible? Or will I lose my number?

I have autopay activated. 

If you're going to be in USA, you can get a 10 Day US Roaming add-on so you'll have service for ...10 days anyhow.

If that's something you want, log in to your account / Purchase Add-on ....then select one of the 10 Day US Roaming options you'd want. They will only work while is US so buy it just before you go there...or buy it while in US using wifi like at Walmart or such.

If you're going to any other country, then PM offers no roaming options.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Phoenix2 wrote:

@Phoenix2 

As explained by an Oracle if you want more details:

Extended Absence - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Phoenix2 

if your trip more 3 month
another option change plan to lower $15 and when coming back put it a plan what you like it...to save your phone number..

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It is possible.

Remove autopayment or remove credit card from your account and your account will be suspended for 90 days on next renewal. And of course, do not keep any money in your account...

Remember to reactivate it on 85th day or after 90 days your account will be closed - deleted and you will lose your phone number/rewards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Phoenix2 

you can remove your Autopay and put it back at 85 days and be careful is not over 90 days is will losing everything..

Review Reactivate a suspended plan (publicmobile.ca)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Phoenix2 wrote:

@Phoenix2  - yes, that is possible.

And, no you will not lose your number.

You can be in Suspended non-payment status for up to 90 days without losing your number.

EDIT: see related help articles: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/pause-your-plan

Remove Autopay (this would probably be the preferred method), OR list your phone in lost/stolen status.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

Need Help? Let's chat.