cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I be concerned?!?

Asher2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I checked my account today, it is one day before my renewal date and account status is plan expired.

Should I be worried?? Just never seen this before.

PS: Autopay is on

D93CC223-DD78-4889-A4D9-AAD053EEBE2C.jpeg

17 REPLIES 17

amintara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

don't worry at all.
it will pass tomorrow.

it is some part of the process.

@Asher2 

Looks like you have suffered the dreaded autopay failure. Normally the next day after renewal at noon est you will recieve two texts. The first text tells you your rewards have successfully been applied. The second will tell you your plan has been successfully renewed. If you haven't recieved this text then you know there's been issue paying for your plan. You now need to add a manual payment either by voucher or card on your account.

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

@Spudster wrote:

@Asher2 

You need to make a manual payment. If there is a payment card registered on the account this will be easily done presuming the payment card is valid and the expiry hasn't passed.

OR, you can use a payment voucher, available at most mobile shops,  and add it through self-serve or by dialling *611 from the device.

There is a payment card registered since the account shows autopay reward. The payment failed because of something wrong with the card or it's a mistake by Public Mobile.  You're correct that manual payment is needed.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Asher2 

You need to make a manual payment. If there is a payment card registered on the account this will be easily done presuming the payment card is valid and the expiry hasn't passed.

OR, you can use a payment voucher, available at most mobile shops,  and add it through self-serve or by dialling *611 from the device.

Asher2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

UPDATE: Account status says suspended.

CELL PHONE services NO LONGER working. (Including data, text, and talk) 

Usually is renewed by now but it is not, what do I do??

@softech wrote:

@Bear2 I agree it's scary.  I remember I have the same feeling the first time I saw that (even though I heard of that before and I sorted of know it's ok)

I think because it is Pre-paid service and not everyone has Autopay, they have to have that "Plan expiry" message to remind people.  Also, if you are not autopay, you are  supposed to load money into the account, that's why there is the message about "Ignore this message if you have enough fund.."

Anyone was in Chatr or Lucky before? how do they deal with this situation?

The Public Mobile plan expired and account supsended messages just shouldn't be there if the service is working. 

Chatr and Lucky don't give customers erroneous wanrings such as those.

@Bear2 I agree it's scary.  I remember I have the same feeling the first time I saw that (even though I heard of that before and I sorted of know it's ok)

I think because it is Pre-paid service and not everyone has Autopay, they have to have that "Plan expiry" message to remind people.  Also, if you are not autopay, you are  supposed to load money into the account, that's why there is the message about "Ignore this message if you have enough fund.."

Anyone was in Chatr or Lucky before? how do they deal with this situation?

Bear2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@LurganIeUk this was me a few months ago. I received the same message and was so worried that I called my friend who has been with PM for years and was assured it was ok. The wording could definitely be better. I have only ever seen that once. 

Spudster

Then let's say it again,  @walker1 

@Asher2 , if you are on autopay, you need not worry about that message.

In fact, there may be another message which will show on your self-serve page just prior to renewal which may also cause undue alarm, also due to the same renewal process. That message is attached below:

Spudster_0-1617192111286.png

@esjliv  You missed the point I was making. It's been explained a few times to the OP what to look for, but in different words.

@walker1 wrote:

@macsal   I think the OP has the idea by now, but maybe not.

@walker1 , then why the posted question?

🤔

Some users activate and forgot about it (set it and forgot it). So i believe some will see this on their first or 2nd renewal, but many will see it very later. All depends on the individual user's activity/usage on their Self Serve account.

@macsal   I think the OP has the idea by now, but maybe not.

macsal

@Asher2 wrote:

I checked my account today, it is one day before my renewal date and account status is plan expired.

@Asher2 ,

If your services are working, no need to be concerned. Your self serve account goes through this when it is being renewed, first "Expired", then "Suspended". Causes undue panic, unfortunately. But now that you know, all good. 🙂

Now - if you do NOT have services:

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount (through SELF SERVE or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. Method through Self-Serve account: Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  4. Reboot

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Asher2 

This is normal. The first time I saw it in my account it freaked me out too. It's almost like a practical joke that public mobile playing on you! But now that you know it is the way your account goes through renewal you will be able to tell others the same thing when they come here and post all worried that their service is getting cut off.

Only if it could say "Being Renewed" or ???

@Asher2 

This is normal. In about a half hour it will change to suspended and your data and/or minutes counter will reset. You will then see your rewards get applied to your balance and by 2 am est your plan amount will be charged to your balance and if there is anything still owing autopay will kick in. Then about 6 am est your account will change from suspended to active.

All is well with the world again,

@Asher2 wrote:

This is normal Public Mobile operating procedure (the erroneous error messages). Your plan is not expired or suspdend if it is still working.  Tomorrow (March 31) is the start of your new billing cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.