cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asher2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Should I be concerned?!?

I checked my account today, it is one day before my renewal date and account status is plan expired.

Should I be worried?? Just never seen this before.

PS: Autopay is on

D93CC223-DD78-4889-A4D9-AAD053EEBE2C.jpeg

Accepted Solutions
macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Should I be concerned?!?

@Asher2 wrote:

I checked my account today, it is one day before my renewal date and account status is plan expired.

@Asher2 ,

If your services are working, no need to be concerned. Your self serve account goes through this when it is being renewed, first "Expired", then "Suspended". Causes undue panic, unfortunately. But now that you know, all good. 🙂

Now - if you do NOT have services:

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount (through SELF SERVE or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. Method through Self-Serve account: Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  4. Reboot

View solution in original post

All Replies

@Asher2 wrote:

This is normal Public Mobile operating procedure (the erroneous error messages). Your plan is not expired or suspdend if it is still working.  Tomorrow (March 31) is the start of your new billing cycle.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Asher2 

This is normal. In about a half hour it will change to suspended and your data and/or minutes counter will reset. You will then see your rewards get applied to your balance and by 2 am est your plan amount will be charged to your balance and if there is anything still owing autopay will kick in. Then about 6 am est your account will change from suspended to active.

All is well with the world again,

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Only if it could say "Being Renewed" or ???

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Asher2 

This is normal. The first time I saw it in my account it freaked me out too. It's almost like a practical joke that public mobile playing on you! But now that you know it is the way your account goes through renewal you will be able to tell others the same thing when they come here and post all worried that their service is getting cut off.

macsal

@Asher2 wrote:

@Asher2 ,

If your services are working, no need to be concerned. Your self serve account goes through this when it is being renewed, first "Expired", then "Suspended". Causes undue panic, unfortunately. But now that you know, all good. 🙂

Now - if you do NOT have services:

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount (through SELF SERVE or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. Method through Self-Serve account: Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  4. Reboot

View solution in original post

walker1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@macsal   I think the OP has the idea by now, but maybe not.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@walker1 wrote:

@macsal   I think the OP has the idea by now, but maybe not.

@walker1 , then why the posted question?

🤔

Some users activate and forgot about it (set it and forgot it). So i believe some will see this on their first or 2nd renewal, but many will see it very later. All depends on the individual user's activity/usage on their Self Serve account.

walker1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@esjliv  You missed the point I was making. It's been explained a few times to the OP what to look for, but in different words.

Spudster

Then let's say it again,  @walker1 

@Asher2 , if you are on autopay, you need not worry about that message.

In fact, there may be another message which will show on your self-serve page just prior to renewal which may also cause undue alarm, also due to the same renewal process. That message is attached below:

Spudster_0-1617192111286.png

Need Help? Let's chat.