cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several attempts to add valid credit card

saintefanie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Community, 

I've recently closed my visa/debit account and have been trying to add my credit card to the account but it keeps coming up with a notification "unable to process transaction. cancelled by credit card issuer" however I use this credit card online very often and have never had an issue with it. I've tried changing the address in several different combinations but it won't go through. Any tips?

8 REPLIES 8

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@simple wrote:

My vouchers ended up working after a 8hr delay. 

I have tried all suggested methods to get my card added.

However, @CS_Agent , I still dont know which credit agency I’m supposed to validate my address with. Can someone confirm which credit agency PM uses to validate addresses when making online purchases? Is this is Trans Union or Equifax or some other institution? 

Usually, the address listed is on the credit card statement, or on the web page of your credit card.

simple
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My vouchers ended up working after a 8hr delay. 

I have tried all suggested methods to get my card added.

However, @CS_Agent , I still dont know which credit agency I’m supposed to validate my address with. Can someone confirm which credit agency PM uses to validate addresses when making online purchases? Is this is Trans Union or Equifax or some other institution? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@simple: Often the voucher will work in the 611 service and not online for some unknown reason. It's alleged that some vouchers are delayed in becoming active too.

Also, the codes are 12 digits...not letters.

@simple oupsy....did you try what Robertquebec explained in the message above yours? no number app...no space...??? And for your voucher did you try to enter them in incognito mode?

simple
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile's payment system is horrible. 

I validated all my address info between my account and credit card while on the phone with  my cards customer service rep. Line by line, character by character. Everyting matched up. 

After numerous messages back and forth with @CS_Agent, told me that PM validates addresses with a credit bureau and I'd have to solve it with them. However, they woundn't tell me which credit bureau, (Trans-Union? Equifax?). They couldn't help me, nor do anythign manually. So I'm just SOL since I can't call them on the weekend, and usually anything to do with those agencies has to be handled via snail mail. 

My experience is seriously making me re-consider Public Mobile. I finally went and bought vouchers to renew my plan, and guess what - None of the codes worked.

Currently awaiting a reply to see if the mods can activate my vouchers. 

Seriously, PM needs to get their act together. 

@mimmo wrote:

@saintefanie  the system cab be buggie

some thing  to try look at your cc statement and enter things exatly as on statement.  

omit the unit field in the form.  if your postal code has a space add a space and leav last digit out.

@RobertQc do you have teh full list of workarounds?

@mimmoI think there is somemore I need to add to this too, but this what I have

The website can be fussy. You can try different browser / clearing cache and sometimes private browsing / incognito mode.  Confirm the billing address from your credit card statement is exact, including periods, spaces, capitalization and punctuation. If you live in unit/apt 206 and the billing address on your statement is "206-XXX street name" then enter it as that, and leave the apt field empty. Try removing / adding a space from the postal code.

Public mobile accepts Credit card or Visa Debit card issued by a Canadian or American financial institution and is registered to a Canadian or American address, or a Public Mobile payment voucher. The voucher can be had from recharge.com for payment, but not autopay, you can also register with autopay a pre-paid visa card for autopay, YMMV but I know that one works from Canada Post.

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The Public Mobile system is extremely picky of the wording on your address.   Check your credit card bill and input exactly what is on that as the address.  I know with my credit card bill, the wording was different than what I originally typed in when I applied for the credit card.  An example, Stn Main was on my credit card address for my post office box, which is correct, but I never put that in.  Public Mobile will look for that though. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@saintefanie  the system cab be buggie

some thing  to try look at your cc statement and enter things exatly as on statement.  

omit the unit field in the form.  if your postal code has a space add a space and leav last digit out.

@RobertQc do you have teh full list of workarounds?

Need Help? Let's chat.