cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Auto Pay

kesduncan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone, 

I am having trouble setting up my auto pay services. It is telling me this message:

"Unable to Process Transaction 
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information."

I have checked my profile, including my name and address and it all is the same to what I am writing in the boxes for auto pay set up. I just spoke to my bank and they have updated their end as well. 

I don't know what is wrong, but I would like some help into what I can do next! 

Thanks 🙂 

7 REPLIES 7

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kesduncan Not sure if you already tried this but try clearing your cache and using incognito mode in your browser. Also make sure you exactly enter the address information as indicated on your statement, but it sounds like you already checked that.

If this doesn't work you may have to contact the Moderators.

You can raise a ticket to the moderators:

1. By clicking on the question mark in the lower right or this link link and raise a ticket with SIMon.
  2. Through a private message to the moderators by clicking here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kesduncan : Make sure the address entered into the payment screen matches the billing address of the card. Also either no space or drop last digit of postal code. Possibly everything caps.

Some have reported success even actually matching everything in the other profile address (not just payment card screen) in the account. But I haven't experienced that.

But by now, if you've made many attempts, your account might be locked out for fraud suspicion.

Edit: the prior post was edited while I typed this 🙂

@HALIMACS : there's no apartment field anymore.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @kesduncan 

I'll start by providing the following (you may have already reviewed this)

Accepted Payments For Activation

PM accepts the following credit cards, issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and registered to a Canadian or American address:

• Visa
  • MasterCard
  • American Express

PM also accepts Visa Debit cards. Additionally, you can pay for your SIM card activation with a Public Mobile Payment Voucher. To find a location that sells payment vouchers near you, click here. If you choose to pay for your activation with a payment voucher, make sure to purchase the voucher(s) prior to activating.

If you've followed the direction above, then try clearing your browser cache/history/cookies.

Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

Enter the credit card address "exactly" as it appears on your statement.

Leave the apartment field blank. If needed enter your apartment number in the street address field.  I think you've already got this one covered.  [thanks, @Anonymous] 

Enter your postal code without spaces.

If that doesn't work, and you've contacted your payment card supplier to ensure there is no issue on that end, I would contact the moderators.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

kesduncan

I've been using this format for my address (this is a made-up address as an example): 

78 May Garden Rd 

I didn't include apartment number or a "-" in front of my street number or anything like that. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kesduncan What is your address put under the card information? Don't use "#" in the address. See if it helps or not.

kesduncan

My card has more than enough to cover my plan cost with Public Mobile. I have also tried my Visa debit and that also has had problems, and there is enough to cover the cost. 

jeanbeans
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sounds like you need to check your credit card balance. 

Need Help? Let's chat.