cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up autopay but doesn't show payment

Anumnasir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I've set up my card for autopay but it still shows that there is amount due.

Payment due date is 17th BTW and today is 16th.

Do I have to wait until tomorrow that it starts showing "paid" 

9 REPLIES 9

@Anumnasir  

If your available balance is $30 then that's all you have to pay as the tax is charged at point of sale. Whether you bought a voucher at a store or added money with a credit card the tax was charged then.

Autopay will give you a $2 discount per 30 days. Since you just added it if it does not show in your account under rewards then it may only start next 30 days. Check if it does. If it does show. Then that $2 will be applied to your account balance when the renewal starts.

You can add funds manually even when on auto-pay for the $2 reward. Many do it this way in case the auto-pay system fails (it's happened) so many add funds before the payment due date. Others for years never had problems with auto-pay and you likely would not either this way..any amount owed would simply be charged to your card at renewal time.

If you used a referral code when signing up for a $10 signup bonus that should have been applied to your account within 72 hours of activating your sim card.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Anumnasir

@Jb456 thank you so much for the detailed response. I'm a newbie so the following question might sound a bit dumb lol so pls don't judge.

So my plan is for $30 and I add $30 to my account is that enough or do I need to add $33.9 to my account to cover the tax as well.

Also, what's the point of autopay if I have to manually keep topping up my balance (apart from the reward of $2)

@Anumnasir you can manually add funds to your account anytime you want.

How the system works is as Followed

• This evening at some point or midnight your account status will go from active to expired
  • In the early hours of the 17th the system will start applying any rewards to your available balance.
  • Your account will go from Expired to Suspended with this note
  • Screenshot_20200205_002706.jpg

• If you available balance covers your plan than your plan amount owed will be deducted from your account and sometime tomorrow once the system updates (let's just say lunch time) your account will go from suspended back to active
  • If the available funds is not enough to cover your plan any amount left over will be charged to your card plus province taxes. Example.$13 available balance. Plan $15 then $2 plus tax will be charged to the card.

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anumnasir The system will take payment from your available funds first and then the rest from your credit card.

Some people have auto pay set up so that get the reward but they also manually add funds in the amount of their payment plus taxes each period just in case auto pay fails which is known to happen on occasion.

Anumnasir

Thanks! So if I add the funds in my account I won't be charged twice? Cuz I have set up auto pay and would be adding funds manually as well. Lol this is confusing. 

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anumnasir Payment should come out early tomorrow morning (2 am ET I believe.)

I suggest you try a one time payment of $1 to confirm payment will work.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Anumnasir Ignore it. That's assuming you don't have autopay and an estimate of what the autopay charge will be.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Anumnasir yes, but auto-pay has issues. I suggest just manually add funds into your account today and let the system withdraw funds from your self serve account instead of your bank account. if you choose to let auto-pay handle the renewal process. there's a good chance it might fail and you will lose servicey. youwill still qualify for the $2 auto-pay reward

amount due-01~2.jpeg

*take note if you live in BC the renewal process will start at 6:00pm today(account will show 'expired') plan/data will renew at 9:00pm(account will show suspended). available funds withdrawn at 11:00?( account should show active around 3:00)

Need Help? Let's chat.