cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service was Suspended - Back Online!

Adam345
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Like many others my service was suspended this morning. I sent a PM to the mod team around 10:30am EST and my service was just restored at 4:00pm EST. Just to give you a timeline of how long it may take.

8 REPLIES 8

TimeGlass

Still quite a few I imagine. However, they're off their working hours right now I think. I emailed at 10:30 this morning with no response yet...

Anhtuanco
I wonder how many messages the mods have left to go. Contacted them 8+ hrs ago (still unread), and just sent another message just now because the account suspension just got weirder. I heard there was a bot going around restoring accounts and mine no longer has the suspended notice...but when I try to make a call using my number it states my line isn't active. When people try to call me it goes straight to automatic voicemail. Extremely odd as everything looks fine in self-serve.

Pierre

This wasn't a service interruption... More like the data base went "bonkers" and booted some duly paid accounts... 🙂

All is good here now, so hang in there those who still have issues... Mods do a terrrific job !  

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @Amaryste

Please try rebooting your phone, things might be back to normal by now 🙂

Otherwise don't worry, we'll get back to you as soon as possible. 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Amaryste
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I noticed my service was suspended at 9:00 a.m. MDT it is 2:30 p.m. MDT and still no service... not pleased at all...

I never had these issues with Bell, regretting my choice to change.

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree that there should be some sort of communication from higher up when there are service issues like this, such as an "Known Issues" section on the front page of the Community so that if things like this happen customers aren't necessarily left in the dark.

A simple post stating that there's been an issue and that it is being resolved would be better than nothing, and I feel like it would go a long way with customer satisfaction.

I've added an idea to the Public Lab for an issue notification section to be added: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Add-a-quot-Known-Issues-quot-section-to-th...

brapbrap
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I noticed it at 7:30 am this morning. Send a PM at 8 am.  Heard by by around 1pm and it was good.

My concern is this

1- service interruptions happen, but if you don't announce it, everyone starts freaking out its just them.  At least acknowledge maybe an hour or two in that somethign is up so i'm not wondering if I did something wrong

2 - yes, PublicMobile is cheaper than say Telus, but that means perhaps less data, no phone customer service, but to lose phone serivce for half a day is a major inconvenience.  

I'm happy it's restored. But as a business, it seems like many ppl affected were new people who signed up in the last 1-2 months. Whatever promo got them in, this kinda undid it.  I'm happy with PM and I'm new. I'm not planning on switching or anything. But if this sort of half day loss of service happened again, I would consider it strongly.

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Glad to hear that your service was restored @Adam345.

I was also affected by this. Noticed the issue around 9:30 AM EST, messaged the moderators shortly thereafter and service was fully restored around 2:30 PM EST this afternoon.

Need Help? Let's chat.