cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service suspended why?

mmarr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My daughter's phone service was turned off today and I don't know why. I have her account set to Autopay, which I interpret to mean that her plan will automatically renew without any manual intervention required.

This is the message I see when I log in to her account:

Your service is currently suspended due to insufficient funds (her plan cost is $32).
Available Funds: $36.00
Automatic Payment Amount: This is your plan cost minus Rewards. Any available funds will be applied first. Check Your Rewards
AutoPay is active on this account

And when I try to make a payment I see this:
Your account has already enough balance.

And this:
Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.

So, why is the service suspended and can you unsuspend it please?

Thanks,
Mike M

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dipole_Moment wrote:

The people responding to this question are all missing the point as obviously someone who is on autopay should not ever see an "account suspended" message (unless payment extraction was attempted and not successful), regardless of whether or not the service was interrupted. Clearly seeing a message like that would be confusing at best. The powers that be at PM should take notice to that comment and make sure the necessary fix to the GUI gets done.

@Dipole_Moment I assure you, that point has not been missed.  We have been asking for this, literally for years.  [Example 1 posted by me in Jan 2016; Example 2 posted by @NDesai in Dec 2016; there are many more out there.]  We are simply trying to work with the system as it exists today and educate people not to panic about the messages they see during renewal process, because Public Mobile is in absolutely no hurry to fix it, despite our repeated pleas over the years.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dipole_Moment
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The people responding to this question are all missing the point as obviously someone who is on autopay should not ever see an "account suspended" message (unless payment extraction was attempted and not successful), regardless of whether or not the service was interrupted. Clearly seeing a message like that would be confusing at best. The powers that be at PM should take notice to that comment and make sure the necessary fix to the GUI gets done.

mmarr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

All of that makes some sense as the account renewal date was yesterday as well, but what I do not understand is why her service was interrupted.  And the tip to reboot was also a good one, we did that today and her service returned.

So all good now.  If it happens again next renewal date I will definitely seek further guidance from the moderators on how to avoid the disruption going forward.

Thanks for your assistance,

Mike

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mmarr as @NDesai mentioned, it sounds like you were looking at the account on the payment due date, and the renewal process was in place.  Despite the account showing expired or suspended, were your daughter's services still working normally?  If you look today, is the account back to normal (aka shows "Active" status?).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@mmarr To  me it looks like the plan is going through renewal process and seeing those Expired/Suspended message in self-serve account is normal. But the service should be working without interruption while renewal goes through over night. Give it a reboot on phone and see if it works. If not, You will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info so they can look up what went wrong. 

More info on contacting mods:

Spoiler
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?If I do need Moderator assistance, what information should I provide?
    • Once the Community Moderator has responded to your private message, they will provide you with a secure link so they can authenticate your account information
    • In order to validate your account information, you will be asked for 1) Your account number and 2) Your PIN number
What are the Contact Support’s hours of operation?
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:00PM (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.