cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service suspended while on auto pay

adriano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My service was suspended today while i have had auto-pay enabled.
This is pretty frustrating as I have set up auto-pay specifically to avoid a situation like this. I have had auto-pay enabled for over a year and never had a problem.

I never even recieved a notification by public mobile through sms that this was even happening.  As a consumer, you shouldn't be penalized for public mobile screwing up something in their backend in-regards to auto-renewel. Any suggestions. I just reached out to the mods but no idea when I would end up getting a response. 

11 REPLIES 11

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@carolina Hi there! 

Sorry for the trouble, for assistance, can you please send us a private message on the online community along with your phone# and PIN#?  Thank you!  

@carolina, there will be no financial penalty, however the lack of service is penalty enough I suppose.  Hope this is resolved quickly for you.

carolina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the same message too. But I didn't change my credit card info. And i even got the automatic text msg (SIM)  reminding me to my payment is due if you are auto pay disregard. which i been doing since i start using publicmobile.

i dont want to get penalize and i want to able to use my phone/data service.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Strange that there is so much autopay problems this weekend.  I just renewed a day ago.  All went well, I even got the sms informing me that everything went through fine.  The real test of course is the uninterrupted service. 

eatdimsum

Same problem over here. Really frustrating - like adriano said, you'd think auto-pay should avoid service interruptions like this. Sent a PM to mods over 5 hours ago with no response. What an embarrassment.

PM just started a "invite your friends to PM and get $1/mo" campaign ... yeahhh ... imagine telling your friends, "Public Mobile is great .. oh, except sometimes when their system doesn't renew your plan properly you'll lose service for a day or so or until a moderator responds to your private forum message."

eatdimsum

Same problem over here. Really frustrating - like OP said, you'd think auto-pay should avoid service interruptions like this. Sent a PM to mods over 5 hours ago with no response. What an embarrassment.

PM just started a "invite your friends to PM and get $1/mo" campaign ... yeahhh ... imagine telling your friends, "Public Mobile is great .. oh, except sometimes when their system doesn't renew your plan properly you'll lose service for a day or so or until a moderator responds to your private forum message."

@cecile Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:30PM (ET).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

cecile

Hi, I just had the same issue. Had to cancel my debit card for an unrelated issue and when changing my autopay for my credit it wouldn't update nor accept teh payment. It says I have enough balance when I don't. So i just registered on the community but don't know how that works. How/who do you contact the moderators?

Cangirl71

Sent my private message yesterday...no response yet. 

Im reluctant to send another as that just fills the que with multiple requests for the same issues. 😩

Cangirl71

I am in a similar situation. 

My auto payment did not go through and on top of that my credit card needed to be updated due to expiration.  I’ve tried updating the card to a current credit card, tried calling to make a payment to *611, called Visa to confirm PM is not blocked for some reason, and private messaged the Mod Team. No service now for a day 

Lesson learned...make a top up payment prior to auto renew for it to draw from. Not how I wanted it to work however I still see value with PM. My plan works well (when it’s rolling) for a good rate. 

Hooe we both get connectivity again soon 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adriano, If you have sent a private message to the mods, that's all you can do for now.  Just wait until they get back to you.  It is usually within a couple of hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.