cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service cut off early before usual Autopay date

youngwon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've had my autopay running for several months now without a problem. Yesterday (the 19th) my service was cut off, stating a 'late payment'... but autopay is set up to pay on the 21st of every month But I have autopay set up. Why is this suddenly an issue now?

If I manually pay now, do I risk getting overcharged if the autopayment still goes through on the 21st?

I currently have no service and am not sure I can wait another day, just wanted to reach out and see if anyone had advice.

40 REPLIES 40

youngwon

@ShawnC13  @Anonymous 

Alright, thank you both for the fast responses and info!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@youngwon : You're not required to do anything. Your service is working now. Good. Unfortunately, sometimes autopay fails. And when it does the service stops. I don't know of other prepaid providers that let the service go on when unpaid. Postpaid might give you some grace. But not prepaid.

It doesn't randomly deactivate either. Only when unpaid. For some reason. Loss of service could happen at any time. But lack of payment happens at the end of your 30 days.

@youngwon wrote:

I just manually paid off the amount to reactivate my account. I won't know if autopay will work until next month, but here's hoping it doesn't randomly deactivate my service during a workday again.

I'm fairly new to the forums, do I need to close this somehow or 'accept a solution' from one of these replies?

@youngwon, when you select a solution it does help people in the future who have the same issue who may do a search.  They can quickly see what worked to resolve the issue.

I would suggest contacting the mods through the chat bubble in the lower right and see if they can verify that everything looks good on that end.  They may see an error as to why it didn't auto-renew

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

youngwon

I just manually paid off the amount to reactivate my account. I won't know if autopay will work until next month, but here's hoping it doesn't randomly deactivate my service during a workday again.

I'm fairly new to the forums, do I need to close this somehow or 'accept a solution' from one of these replies?

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous  .. but why would @youngwon 's service have been cut off  ?  and why the late payment warning unless there was an issue with the card  ..... or with PM's ability to read the card . 

youngwon

@ShawnC13 

Clearly I mispoke about the payment times. Every 30 days then. I only glanced at the past couple months where the payments were on the 21st.

Can I have advice for the actual issue where the autopayment failed me? Do I just manually pay? Do I need to cancel and then re-enable autopayment?

EDIT: Posted this right after your second message. I don't know why it failed, the credit card is active and working fine. I've just changed my autopay to my visa-debit card hoping that it will help.

@youngwon, sorry I was caught on the cut-off of the service and focused on the date and not the autopay.  Did your credit card expire and hasn't been updated yet?  If nothing has changed I would try to do a manual top-up and after the plan is back active I would reach out to the mods to make sure everything is set up correctly.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@youngwon wrote:

I've had my autopay running for several months now without a problem. Yesterday (the 19th) my service was cut off, stating a 'late payment'... but autopay is set up to pay on the 21st of every month. Why is this suddenly an issue now?

If I manually pay now, do I risk getting overcharged if the autopayment still goes through on the 21st?

I currently have no service and am not sure I can wait another day, just wanted to reach out and see if anyone had advice.

@youngwon, Public Mobile is on 30-day terms, not the say billing date each month.  The payment date changes every month except the month following one with 30 days

youngwon

Ok, 30 days. Semantics.

The main concern is that autopayment was paying off no problem for almost a year until yesterday. Do I need to cancel autopayment and re-enable it or something to prevent this happening in the future?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@youngwon : 1. It's 30 days...not monthly. It might the same day a few times a year. 2. You can make another payment and it won't charge you again. There's only ever one attempt made.

Need Help? Let's chat.