cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service cut off because of covid

Karmelkat9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the place I pay my bill is closed they said I couldn't buy a card to top up that I have to go there ever month which I find wierd also I pay cash why? Can't I buy minutes or a voucher some were else are they lieing just to get my business 

10 REPLIES 10

@Karmelkat9  You can sign up for a koho card (prepaid visa) online and open an account with them. It's free, takes about 5 minutes and 5 business days or so to recieve your card. You recieve a minimum 0.5% cash back on purchases made with your card and can be used for autopay to recieve the $2 reward. You can pay with it or continue to use vouchers.

Shell stations sell vouchers that are immediately loadable onto your account.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Karmelkat9 wrote:

the place I pay my bill is closed they said I couldn't buy a card to top up that I have to go there ever month which I find wierd also I pay cash why? Can't I buy minutes or a voucher some were else are they lieing just to get my business 

To avoid merchant fees for debit and cc some retailers deal in cash. Why you can’t buy vouchers for future use is a mystery to me.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Karmelkat9 wrote:

@Karmelkat9   You can go to many retailers like Canadian Tire, Walmart or London Drugs, gas stations or convenience stores to purchase a voucher and top up your account either through your self serve account or by dialling 611 and loading your voucher.

Some vouchers have a delay of several hours before the payment on them can be loaded.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Karmelkat9 wrote:

try any of these places..

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

@Karmelkat9 wrote:

I pay cash the place told me cell phone solutions in saint John nb Canada said when I asked them if I could buy cards they said no I have to go there every month to pay the 40 dollors it comes to 46 all together why can't I buy vouchers and top up my self there closed I need my phone it's my only vise

Can you go to any of these places to purchase vouchers near you. I am not sure why they would make you come in each time. Try another retailer.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

Karmelkat9

I pay cash the place told me cell phone solutions in saint John nb Canada said when I asked them if I could buy cards they said no I have to go there every month to pay the 40 dollors it comes to 46 all together why can't I buy vouchers and top up my self there closed I need my phone it's my only vise

@Jb456 wrote:

@Karmelkat9  how do you normally pay? Do you have a credit card attached to your account ? Are you on auto-pay?

Or do you pay with vouchers?

If you have a credit card you can log into your self serve account and make a payment. I'd also suggest adding it to autopay..so that you receive a $2 discount per 30 days and then system would automatically charge your card on payment due date..

You could also call 611 to make a payment if you have a credit card attached to your account.

If not you can go by a voucher

They sell them at all kinds of locations from gas stations to convince stores.. click link below to see serval places.  

Voucher click here 

If you have PayPal you could also use recharge.com to buy a voucher online.

The recharge.com website indicates they take Visa and MC as well as PayPal.

There's a small fee but you can use recharge.com or ding.com.

Karmelkat9

My phone was cut off today the place I pay my bill is closed because of covid I need my phone for work and everything thing else what do I do

Need Help? Let's chat.