cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scotiabank Auto Payment form fulfillment for bills from Vendors (public mobile)

bestmaxguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Public Mobile, 

I enrolled with Scotiabank recently and have been told to avail a bonus I should link two recurring payment/bills to the account. As a newcomer to Canada, I have only public mobile as a bill at present.

I would like to know how and where I should send the auto bill payment form to ensure this is a linked mobile phone bill (my wife's and mine) that is monthly with the plan I have chosen. 

Best regards.

9 REPLIES 9

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@bestmaxguy, get the Scotiabank Scene Prepaid Visa.  You load cash onto the card at no cost as a Scotiabank customer, and there are never NSF charges.  You either have the money available, or you don’t.

i have this card, and have used it here for over 2 years now for this service, and other services online.  It’s great!

A small $10 fee annually, but totally worth the hassle to get around issues of not having a real credit card if that’s the issue you have.  

@ute1978 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@slash407 wrote:

u just got to setup autopay with any card, debit or credit card, its better to use a credit card because u dont want any NSF fee with a debit card

That's a good point about fees with debit cards.  Does Public Mobile even charge and NSF fee?

Not Public Mobile will charge the NSF fee. It will be the bank. ANd it is hefty. My bank charges $45 flat.

Yeah, but what's worse?  Your bank charging the NSF fee or letting the transaction go through and charging the overdraft fee?  As I said, banks have been known to let transactions go through even if the customer doesn't have overdraft on the account.  I'm aware that at least if the bank lets the chequing account go into negative, that the Public Mobile service will continue to work.

The point I was trying to make is that using credit card is not a sure fire way to avoid the bank's fees.  As I was saying, some banks will let a charge go through to credit card but then charge an over limit fee.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@slash407 wrote:

u just got to setup autopay with any card, debit or credit card, its better to use a credit card because u dont want any NSF fee with a debit card

That's a good point about fees with debit cards.  Does Public Mobile even charge and NSF fee?

Not Public Mobile will charge the NSF fee. It will be the bank. ANd it is hefty. My bank charges $45 flat.

@slash407 wrote:

That's a good point about fees with debit cards.  Does Public Mobile even charge an NSF fee?  I do not believe that Public Mobile charges this, but that the service would just stop working because they did not receive payment.  Banks are funny like that sometimes.  Even with overdraft protections, they will sometimes allow the account to go into negative balance, the same as if the customer did have overdraft built in.  Howver, there are fees charged for using overdraft, which are actually different from NSF fees for a returned/non-honored payment.

For credit card payments, you'd think that it would just be a matter of a payment going through or not.  This is not necesarily the case.  The credit card issuer often allows charges to go through even if they cause the account to go a certain percentage over the advertised account limit.  Some cards have an over-limit fee.  Because of this type of fee, customers would often rather the card issuer decline the transaction, but such transactions are often approved simply so that the fees can be charged.

@ute1978 wrote:

@bestmaxguy wrote: As a newcomer to Canada, I have only public mobile as a bill at present.

How about the electricity bill, or the TV/Internet bill?

Rent, car payment....

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bestmaxguy wrote: As a newcomer to Canada, I have only public mobile as a bill at present.

How about the electricity bill, or the TV/Internet bill?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Definitely not possible.  Prepaid is not considered a recurring bill payment.  There is no requirement to pay every month. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@bestmaxguy

Unfortunately, you can only pay via credit card, visa debit or payments vouchers (bought in store or online) for Public mobile.  There is no preauthorized payments from bank accounts directly.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bestmaxguy, Based on other posts here (in the past), pre-paid plans generally do not qualify as a recurring bill payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.