cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(SOLUTION) My plan has enough funds, but will not renew or re-activate. Plan suspended.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Recently, some people have had an issue with having enough funds in their account, but their account would not renew or re-activate.  The plan becomes suspended.  

Instead of waiting 1-3 days for moderator to fix the problem, try the following:
1.  Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account and logout.  Wait 5-10 minutes.  Re-login and report phone found.  Reboot your phone.  This seems to reset your SIM card and hopefully activates your plan/account.  

2.  Manually load some additional money into your account (ie. a few dollars).  This seems to trigger the activation process.  

Both "tricks" have been used by several PM customers with success in re-activating or re-seting their account with different account problems.  

My hypothesis of why this works…  sometimes, when loading funds, the plan renewal/activation process stalls for some reason.  By reporting lost/stolen or manually loading more funds in, this re-starts the renewal process.  

Just wanted to start its own thread just in case it may help somebody else in the future.  I cannot guarantee that this works every time, but so far, it seems to help re-activate the suspended account.  

EDIT:  Try the lost/stolen trick first (since you don't have to load extra money)

EDIT2:  To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  

Update:  December 2019
After use of these tricks the last year, it as been discovered that the lost/stolen trick does mess up with the account rewards timing. Which often requires contact with moderator afterwards. If wait time for moderator help is short, you may want to contact moderator to get help prior to using the lost stolen trick. 

Update: May 2020
Moderators have confirmed that the lost/stolen trick does not affect your rewards at the present time.  The glitch has been fixed.  

43 REPLIES 43

@8utopie8 

There should be no issue applyjng a credit to a suspended account or your account at anytime for that matter. Leave your verifying info for the moderator to access your account and apply the credit. As follows....

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

Make sure you mention you are out of country and you will renew when you arrive back home.j

8utopie8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi again,

Thanks for your suggestions. Problem is solved and plan renewed.

Lets hope though that my other issue gets resolved PM offered to credit me $65 I believe. So now what need to happen is for the moderators schedule to synch up with mine. In the past Im available whenever someone on their end is not, and they write when I dont have time to respond during business hours. (However I paid $15 for 1 more month, then will need to suspend with the lost phone function--- Im unsure if my $65 credit can be applied in June when I reactivate my service. If it cant. Not sure what the solution would be. A straight up refund would be great, but not sure if they give refunds) Lets hope for the best.

Anyways I may PM you tommorrow, about this other issue. Was too busy early last week to take you up on the offer. But thanks for your help!

8utopie8

Problem solved thanks!

@8utopie8 

If after adding $5 it still doesnt apply to take your funds go to the plans or the usage page. Click on the lost/stolen button. Suspend your service. Log out. Waitb1 min. Log in. Resume your service. Log out and reboot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@8utopie8 : You _are_ missing things. When is suspension, adding enough money into the account will automatically renew it. One way or another you need to add another $5. Payment card, voucher, instant top-up. The payment card can be a credit card, prepaid card, prepaid gift card, Visa Debit, Mastercard Debit.

Or use recharge.com and buy a $5 voucher and enter that in.

8utopie8

8utopie8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@8utopie8 : You still need to deposit another $5. Ain't pics great. Excellent blanking out too.

8utopie8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@8utopie8 : Instead of Amount Due, click on the drop down and you'll see more options to do your own amount. Or something like that. Click on the drop downs. 🙂

Yes it will charge the registered payment card.

8utopie8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@8utopie8 : Everything flows in and out of Available Funds. Once again, a picture tells a thousand words. If you could post a screen snip of your overview page we could see what you have going on. Blank out personal info of course.

As you learned in December, if there's a balance in Available Funds and it's renewal time, it'll use it regardless of attached credit cards or autopay. If it doesn't want to do it on its own then you click the Reactivate button.

@8utopie8 wrote:

Hi, yes it seems I am cursed in relation to the website. Basically when I click reactivate plan, there are only 2 options, 1 for a promotion (but I dont have a promotion number) the other which asks for my credit card, which would take the payment again from me. But I already made the payment.

Ive spent over an hour looking for an ¨apply available funds¨ or ¨apply balance¨ button. This no longer seems to exist. I cant find it in any of the menus. Its showing I have the amount in my available funds, but there no longer is a way to apply it to you plan. The only options are what I described above.

Yes, I had hoped to spent max 15 min, but here I am again wasting over an hour for something that should be simple. I should be filling out my job contract renewal today. But instead I am fussing with the public mobile website. Why? Because I cant receive text messages on my PM mobile because of this, and this means now I cant login to my Canadian bank account, and the rent transfers my flatmates have made are not going though because of the text issue.

The good news is that a moderator wrote to credit me regarding my other issue. So my other issue should get resolved soon. Problem is whenever I am free and check my PM emails, no moderator responds. Whenever I am working all day, is always when someone responds, when I dont have time to check my PM email. So this has been the hold up on all the issues.

Im praying for a miracle this week our schedules synch up finally and the credit gets applied!!!!!

@8utopie8 

That sounds frustrating.  Maybe try to manually load $1 into your account/balance.  That sometimes will restart the activation process.  

8utopie8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@8utopie8 : My goodness you are just having a bear of a time with this place aren't you. 🙂

So on the upper right of the overview landing page you do NOT see a Reactivate button?

Your gross plan cost is equal to your Available Funds? Don't calculate any rewards in. Just gross.

8utopie8

Hello, Im having the same problem. I made a payment to renew my suspended plan. For some god forsaken reason it did not get applied to my plan, but its there showing in the balance. Ive checked every menu to apply the balance to plan, and this seems not to exist.

I read your instructions, but I cant find this option in the existing menus. There is no apply balance to plan. Only apply promotion (I dont have a promotion number) which doesnt work if you dont have a promotion, or it asks for a payment from your credit card. As I already paid, I only want to apply the amount that went to my balance but not my plan.

No idea why when I made a payment it did not get applied to my plan.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman wrote:

Update: May 2020
Moderators have confirmed that the lost/stolen trick does not affect your rewards at the present time.  The glitch has been fixed.  

Thanks for the update but I have to re-iterate my comment below here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Suspending an account (which is what the Lost/Stolen feature does) CAN cause you to LOSE your BONUS, depending on the terms of that bonus (many require never letting your account be suspended) AND your AutoPay reward for the next cycle (this is usually a one-time loss).

Another (safer?) approach would be to simply add a $1 payment to your account. This sometimes also gets the system unstuck.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman wrote:

Update:  December 2019
After use of these tricks the last year, it as been discovered that the lost/stolen trick does mess up with the account rewards timing. Which often requires contact with moderator afterwards. If wait time for moderator help is short, you may want to contact moderator to get help prior to using the lost stolen trick. 

I mean no offense by this but though I agree that these tricks can work, it can mess up more than that. It is rather incomplete if you do not mention that suspending an account CAN AFFECT any BONUS OFFERS on a customer account, on top of losing the AutoPay Reward for the next period (as I mentioned before in this thread).

To know more about that, read this important thread:

When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold (Extended absence, etc)

Janet41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Go to mobile data in settings.

Look for the option of  chooseing network that uses LTE and allows you to choose manually which network to choose.

select Public Mobile . 

Wait a few minutes 3-4 icons will start popping up.

Internet and plan will follow. 

AlvinW

I have No Service, logged into the selfservce, it shows My account has been suspended, Plan Expired in Account Status.

But I have enough available funds in the account, and the AutoPay is active on this account.

Contacted the Mod Team, hopefully will get it resolved soon 

JaimeCoreas

Ir worked!

Thank you so much!

JaimeCoreas

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tamhoop wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@Tamhoop What’s going on?????????

@Lieux wrote:

@Tamhoop

Ok. So you've got Reply and Quote down. Now you just need to type your text in the right box and you'll be golden. 🙂

Tamhoop

@Lieux wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

Tamhoop

@Anonymous wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

So if this little jump-start kick of adding a little payment to your account actualy works, then I would suggest that Oracles be giving a bunch of $1 or $2 voucher codes that they can hand out via private message to offer as a possible solution to people. 

The goodwill would far outweigh the cost and the Mods would not have to get involved. It would be easy to administer or check for abuse as I am sure you could track the codes. 

I like the other trick of toggling the lost/stolen feature as it doesn't involve money. But if that doesn't work then sure a nice $1 voucher to try the other trick. And then that doesn't work...

@Anonymous wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

So if this little jump-start kick of adding a little payment to your account actualy works, then I would suggest that Oracles be giving a bunch of $1 or $2 voucher codes that they can hand out via private message to offer as a possible solution to people. 

The goodwill would far outweigh the cost and the Mods would not have to get involved. It would be easy to administer or check for abuse as I am sure you could track the codes. 

I like the other trick of toggling the lost/stolen feature as it doesn't involve money. But if that doesn't work then sure a nice $1 voucher to try the other trick. And then that doesn't work...

Tamhoop

@mimmo wrote:

Great to know.  Another little trick in the toolbox

Tamhoop

@Anonymous wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tarah-gve wrote:

Thank you for that information.

My customer is wondering how he is supposed to get reimbursed his money since he has since been ported out.

Hi. If you (or your customer) has ported out of Public Mobile before their renewal date, there is no refund for unused time/data. No pro-rated refunds.

If you had 'Available Funds' in your account, you techically would loose those funds as well. But I have heard of some goodwill from PM if you contact the Moderators. But I think the best they have done is tranfer your Available Funds to another PM account. I have not heard of any refunds for this kind of senerio. 

If you wan to involve the moderators, you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 days/week but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

Tarah-gve

Thank you for that information.

My customer is wondering how he is supposed to get reimbursed his money since he has since been ported out.

Need Help? Let's chat.