cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

(SOLUTION) My plan has enough funds, but will not renew or re-activate. Plan suspended.

Recently, some people have had an issue with having enough funds in their account, but their account would not renew or re-activate.  The plan becomes suspended.  

Instead of waiting 1-3 days for moderator to fix the problem, try the following:
1.  Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account and logout.  Wait 5-10 minutes.  Re-login and report phone found.  Reboot your phone.  This seems to reset your SIM card and hopefully activates your plan/account.  

2.  Manually load some additional money into your account (ie. a few dollars).  This seems to trigger the activation process.  

Both "tricks" have been used by several PM customers with success in re-activating or re-seting their account.  

My hypothesis of why this works…  sometimes, when loading funds, the plan renewal/activation process stalls for some reason.  By reporting lost/stolen or manually loading more funds in, this re-starts the renewal process.  

Just wanted to start its own thread just in case it may help somebody else in the future.  I cannot guarantee that this works every time, but so far, it seems to help re-activate the suspended account.  

EDITED:  Try the lost/stolen trick first (since you don't have to load extra money)

Mayor / Maire

Re: (SOLUTION) My plan has enough funds, but will not renew or re-activate. Plan suspended.

Great to know.  Another little trick in the toolbox

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: (SOLUTION) My plan has enough funds, but will not renew or re-activate. Plan suspended.

I'm having the same problem. I have sufficient funds/credits. How do I load a few on to my count?

Mayor / Maire

@Douce go to payments then the there should be an option to add funds and select other amount and put in 1$

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Fantastic information to share along! Will remember this post if people are asking. 

Hi @Douce,

We've responded to your private message. Please check your inbox.

Best,

Syed

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So if this little jump-start kick of adding a little payment to your account actualy works, then I would suggest that Oracles be giving a bunch of $1 or $2 voucher codes that they can hand out via private message to offer as a possible solution to people. 

The goodwill would far outweigh the cost and the Mods would not have to get involved. It would be easy to administer or check for abuse as I am sure you could track the codes. 

Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:

So if this little jump-start kick of adding a little payment to your account actualy works, then I would suggest that Oracles be giving a bunch of $1 or $2 voucher codes that they can hand out via private message to offer as a possible solution to people. 

The goodwill would far outweigh the cost and the Mods would not have to get involved. It would be easy to administer or check for abuse as I am sure you could track the codes. 

I like the other trick of toggling the lost/stolen feature as it doesn't involve money. But if that doesn't work then sure a nice $1 voucher to try the other trick. And then that doesn't work...

Mayor / Maire

TELUS paying for proper code investigation and development is the better solution for all the issues.  Fix it - and maintain it.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am going to try this and hope that it works. Thank you!