cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(SOLUTION) My plan has enough funds, but will not renew or re-activate. Plan suspended.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Recently, some people have had an issue with having enough funds in their account, but their account would not renew or re-activate.  The plan becomes suspended.  

Instead of waiting 1-3 days for moderator to fix the problem, try the following:
1.  Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account and logout.  Wait 5-10 minutes.  Re-login and report phone found.  Reboot your phone.  This seems to reset your SIM card and hopefully activates your plan/account.  

2.  Manually load some additional money into your account (ie. a few dollars).  This seems to trigger the activation process.  

Both "tricks" have been used by several PM customers with success in re-activating or re-seting their account with different account problems.  

My hypothesis of why this works…  sometimes, when loading funds, the plan renewal/activation process stalls for some reason.  By reporting lost/stolen or manually loading more funds in, this re-starts the renewal process.  

Just wanted to start its own thread just in case it may help somebody else in the future.  I cannot guarantee that this works every time, but so far, it seems to help re-activate the suspended account.  

EDIT:  Try the lost/stolen trick first (since you don't have to load extra money)

EDIT2:  To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  

Update:  December 2019
After use of these tricks the last year, it as been discovered that the lost/stolen trick does mess up with the account rewards timing. Which often requires contact with moderator afterwards. If wait time for moderator help is short, you may want to contact moderator to get help prior to using the lost stolen trick. 

Update: May 2020
Moderators have confirmed that the lost/stolen trick does not affect your rewards at the present time.  The glitch has been fixed.  

43 REPLIES 43

Lontano
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Its saying I owe $58 more as if I've used up a month of time already. Like... It took my money. I tried the trick... Unfortunately didn't work. Do u think evens a few dollars more would help? Ugh... 

Using the Lost/Stolen then Reactivate, how long does it take to re-activate? When I have tried, it does not do it right away and it is not clear as to when it will.

Also, I have tried adding funds...That works and reactivates immediately BUT I have not received the AutoPay credit. I have done this multiple times (different accounts) with same results.

@sakila21

Did you try the lost/stolen phone option?  In your self service account, you can report your phone lost/stolen.  Logout.  Wait a few minutes.  Log in and report your phone found.  Reboot your phone.  Sometimes, that will reset your sim card/plan.  

If that does not work, you might need to contact moderator.  

send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

(include your phone number, account number and PIN)

sakila21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I am having the same issue. I reactivated my plan by adding money to my account. However, my plan is still suspended and I have a 0.00 plan. 

MzBlackPearl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am going to try this and hope that it works. Thank you!

TELUS paying for proper code investigation and development is the better solution for all the issues.  Fix it - and maintain it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smp99 wrote:

So if this little jump-start kick of adding a little payment to your account actualy works, then I would suggest that Oracles be giving a bunch of $1 or $2 voucher codes that they can hand out via private message to offer as a possible solution to people. 

The goodwill would far outweigh the cost and the Mods would not have to get involved. It would be easy to administer or check for abuse as I am sure you could track the codes. 

I like the other trick of toggling the lost/stolen feature as it doesn't involve money. But if that doesn't work then sure a nice $1 voucher to try the other trick. And then that doesn't work...

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So if this little jump-start kick of adding a little payment to your account actualy works, then I would suggest that Oracles be giving a bunch of $1 or $2 voucher codes that they can hand out via private message to offer as a possible solution to people. 

The goodwill would far outweigh the cost and the Mods would not have to get involved. It would be easy to administer or check for abuse as I am sure you could track the codes. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @Douce,

We've responded to your private message. Please check your inbox.

Best,

Syed

ashleyb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Fantastic information to share along! Will remember this post if people are asking. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Douce go to payments then the there should be an option to add funds and select other amount and put in 1$

Douce
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the same problem. I have sufficient funds/credits. How do I load a few on to my count?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great to know.  Another little trick in the toolbox

Need Help? Let's chat.