cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running out of data, purchased 1 G add-on

damenace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I ran out of data before my plan will be expired by Jan 25, so I just purchased $30/1G add-on.  Now I can't use that 1G.  Can I do that?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

damenace

nvm 

Thanks,

Dennis

RohanRon_ON
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah next time, have your videos/music/ HERE offline maps stuff downloaded on WiFi so you save data 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@damenace glad you figured things out. there is some good info in the forums some of teh great posts are tagged "pm-guide" (remove the - when searching)

damenace

Sorry for multiple posts/replies to my problem.  Once again, thanks all!

I'm no neebie when come to forums. This forum is very different from the traditional support forums.  I did have a hard time to find a way to PM mods and to post appropriately.

Ninja_Rabbit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To the OP:

Sometimes I have the issue also with the data not reconnecting on its own after payment. The easier step than rebooting your phone is to just switch your data off and then back on, or go into airplane mode and off it to reconnect to the network. It works for me, and is quicker than rebooting. 

srlawren

@damenace in the future can you please try to post only once per issue?  I wasted time responding over here when you'd already gotten the answer and resolution on this thread.  No biggie I guess.  Glad you got it sorted out.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

to renew early ad the nessisary funds to the account. the message the moderators and ask them to renew early

If your data suddenly stopped working, that might mean you’ve used up all your data allowance for this billing cycle. To confirm, you can login to your self-serve account and take a look at your data usage. If nothing shows up, that means you’ve used up all your data!

You can either purchase a data add-on, or contact a moderator to have your plan renewed earlier than scheduled.

damenace

How can I renew my plan early? 

I usually do not have this problem of running out of data.  My 3 years old son watched YouTube when we were out at the restaurants a few times.  I know we can download them onto our tablet which is our plan,  

damenace

Thanks!  I solved my problem after the 2nd step (apply the $30 fund). Rebooted my phone.

mimmo

$30 credit in your account means you topped up teh account but as @Nicole_b mentioned the addon  was not actually purchased.

you should have 0 balance once everthing is said and done.

addons are a two step process 1) add funds 2) puchase addon.  the link i posted is quite detailed.

damenace

Thanks!  It worked.   I needed to reboot my phone after the 2nd step (applying the fund).

Nicole_b
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I don't think there should be a problem for you to use the 1GB add-on; and it should automatically start right away. 

When you purchased the add-on, did you have sufficient funds in your account balance already to cover the cost of the 1GB option? If you didn't, by clicking that "buy add-on" option the first time, you would have only been adding those funds to your account but not actually buying that specific add-on that you wanted. Basically, you have to go through the process twice to actually get the add-on.

You can check to see if that's what happened by checking your available funds on your plan - If it says $30 (the equivalent of the 1GB add-on), then go ahead and repeat the whole process over again to actually choose that 1gb of data, because you haven't actually claimed that that's the add-on you want yet. It won't charge you this second time - you've already topped up your account and now you're just applying the money to that 1gb add-on. 

Hopefully that makes sense. If it's still not working for you, hopefully someone with more knowledge in the community can help you out!

Good luck!

mimmo

damenace

Yes, I'm sure because there is $30 credit in my account

mimmo

Are you sure the adfon was purchased? What does your payment available funds show? If it is 30 you cc was charged but the adfon needs to be purchased again.

You might also consider renewing your plan early or getting bigger data bucket instead of buying the add-on

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@damenace Double check that the add-on you purchased is showing up under Add-ons on your self-serve account. If not, check your available balance. If it shows $30, it means that you did not complete the two step process to buy the add-on again using available balance. Purchase again and it will work. 

Need Help? Let's chat.