cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules for billing cycle for months containing 31 days

vitalyr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My understanding was that a new billing cycle starts at the first day of each month. Nevertheless today is March 31-st and my time usage was reset. I have 100 min/month plan and this means remaining time for March was reset to 0 and all my calls on March 31 will be billed towards April.

What are rules for billing cycle for months containing 31 days?

8 REPLIES 8

Also check out the Google "Hangouts Dialler" - Unlimited outgoing calls to Canada/USA over WiFi or Data. It seems to work on more public wifi's than TextNow. (specifically McDonalds heh) I finally figured out how to set it to show your OWN number for outgoing caller ID, instead of the default "unknown number", or an entirely different number in the case of TextNow: Settings>Account>Outbound Caller ID>Enter your own cell #> verify 4 digit PIN texted to you>done!

vitalyr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

TextNow is an amazing app. This solves the 100 minutes limitation on Public Mobile. Thank you for tip!

@vitalyr  Did you activate on March 1st? Your 30 day plan ended on March 30th. Your new 30 day plan started March 31st it will end on April 29th. The next one starts April 30th and will end May 29th and start May 30th and end June 28th  and so on......

@vitalyr wrote:

My understanding was that a new billing cycle starts at the first day of each month. Nevertheless today is March 31-st and my time usage was reset. I have 100 min/month plan and this means remaining time for March was reset to 0 and all my calls on March 31 will be billed towards April.

Sorry, but you're mistaken.  All Public Mobile plans are either 10, 30, or 90 days in length.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@vitalyr wrote:

As already mentioned your billing cycle will be different every month based upon the 30 day renewal cycle. 

Since you are on the 15 plan with limited outgoing minutes, you should purchase the the $5/500 mins add-on to your account.  This add-on will not expire but will be available for you to use anytime you have depleted your plan minutes before your renewal cycle can reset them.  Any remaining minutes will keep rolling over until completely used up.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@vitalyr wrote:

My understanding was that a new billing cycle starts at the first day of each month.

@vitalyr  Incorrect, billing is every 30 days.

Nevertheless today is March 31-st and my time usage was reset. I have 100 min/month plan and this means remaining time for March was reset to 0 and all my calls on March 31 will be billed towards April.

The rule is that plan renewal occurs every 30 days. To get your next renewal date call 611 from your phone.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Cycle is 30 days not month

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@vitalyr  it's a 30 day plan renewal cycle, not a monthly one. I'm on the same plan as you.

To save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used. Thank you

Need Help? Let's chat.