cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning to Unsuspended status?

sredshaw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had an issue with autopay, and I added credit to my account yesterday. It was taken out of the account balance but my service has not been restored. I've tried using the suspend service thing in the lost/stolen phone and I've rebooted my phone several times during the day, all to no avail. I'm at a loss of what to do as the service has been paid for, but I'm not reciving any. This has been especially frustrating because I've missed several important phone calls. 😕

Thank you for your time.

Edit: Adding two dollars, suspending and then reactivating seems to have fixed it.

8 REPLIES 8

EnglishChips

I’m aware, however I don’t feel it is relevant whether a problem affects EVERYONE. Regardless, it has clearly affected a good number of people. 

How do we know they’re getting on the problem, if they refuse to even acknowledge the problem?

My point isn’t the usefulness of workarounds, it’s why Public Mobile favours this rather than just recoding known issues.

The question then becomes, Why do we have a system where we wait 4 days for Mods?

None of this makes sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EnglishChips wrote:

Just curious why customers to have to continuously give more dollars to reactivate their service, or do these convoluted Suspend/Lost Phone steps.

Instead of everyone wasting their time and money to try and fix their issues with workarounds, why doesn’t Public Mobile simply fix them??

Be aware that not everybody has problems with the system.

Also, fixing things around here has been shown to work at a glacial pace. But when it's a major problem like we've been seeing several times since mid-March, they have been getting on the problems.

But for all the little one-offs...workarounds work well so as to avoid waiting for the mods.

EnglishChips

Just curious why customers to have to continuously give more dollars to reactivate their service, or do these convoluted Suspend/Lost Phone steps.

Instead of everyone wasting their time and money to try and fix their issues with workarounds, why doesn’t Public Mobile simply fix them??

JHC

Thanks but I've already tried all these steps, to this didn't solve the issue. I posted to let others know that this is still an ongoing issue. I have contacted the moderators - and will update when I hear back.

Edit: service has returned! for how long this time is anyone's guess. Let's hope it's longer than 4 days....

Edit: No no, it's down again. No service at all since last night. Moderators PM'd yesterday morning to say they are 'working on it'. I actually have 2 phone numbers, neither are working now.

Power down, and power up again - It's cliche, but it works some times.

In your self-serve (My Account) you can try suspending, and reactivating from the Plan & Addon tab - Stolen/Lost tab.

Sign out and back in between steps.

emad
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You may need to contact a moderator.

Moderators can be contacted by sending a private message by clicking here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JHC

This has happened to me twice in one week now - first on the 25th April, when my service was cut due to a glitch in the system when my monthly account was renewed early. I'm on autopay so the account thought I had no funds. On this occasion I restored service simply by adding additional funds to the account manually and it started working about 20 minutes later.

Last night it happened again - now I have no service, but can see no reason for the issue. My account is listed as active, I have $61 unspent funds in the account and $0.00 owing. My renewal date and autopay date now match. 

I tried the lost and stolen phone thing, tried adding more money to the account, tried suspending and reactivating. Nothing. 😞 I've contacted the mods, and hope they will respond quickly. This is a work sim, so very unhelpful to have no service.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@sredshaw, sometimes adding a small bit of funds fixes the account suspension issue.  Make sure you check the payment history to confirm that there haven't been any errant payments that need correcting. 

Need Help? Let's chat.