cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore my service

Jetin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan is $40.00 a month. My balance is $52.00 and no service?! What gives?

12 REPLIES 12

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jetin wrote:

There is nothing unusual about this. Every month since October I've used payment vouchers that I get from shoppers drug Mart and yesterday I paid $45 I have a $52 balance and I still have no service nothing has changed no SIM card I don't have a credit card it's just really really frustrating that I've given this much money and now time and I still don't have a phone did I pay you for that I own!

@Jetin  The issue may be related to your voucher.  Over the past few weeks many users have reported having problems paying with their vouchers. 

You'll need to message the moderators to resolve it .  Good luck.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

On the overview screen,  does it say "Account Status: Active".

Have you tried the lost/found phone trick that was recommended earlier? Other than a moderator, that seems to be your only option to jumpstart your account.

Jetin

Yes checked. Still nothing

@Jetin wrote:

There is nothing unusual about this. Every month since October I've used payment vouchers that I get from shoppers drug Mart and yesterday I paid $45 I have a $52 balance and I still have no service nothing has changed no SIM card I don't have a credit card it's just really really frustrating that I've given this much money and now time and I still don't have a phone did I pay you for that I own!

@Jetin Since you have $52 in your account it means that your renewal was not processed for some reason. To verify this simply access your selfserve account online and check the payment history for the last coupler of months. You should see the voucher top-up. Do you see the renewal?

Jetin

@Llamaman wrote:

Do you mean you have $52 credit? Have you checked if your credit card expired? Maybe they can't process a payment even if you have enough PM credits if your credit card is expired.

Since there is $52 in the Public Mobile account balance, an expirred credit card would not prevent the service from working. That would only prevent future charges to that card.

Llamaman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you mean you have $52 credit? Have you checked if your credit card expired? Maybe they can't process a payment even if you have enough PM credits if your credit card is expired.

@Jetin wrote:

Everything was fine until today. My payment has been accepted. My balance is zero. I've been a customer since October last year with this phone.

@JetinDoes your phone show no service? Is it an iPhone? Can you try your sim in another phone?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jetin wrote:

Everything was fine until today. My payment has been accepted. My balance is zero. I've been a customer since October last year with this phone.

Then try the suggestions above.  One other thing you can top up your account with one dollar and restart your phone.  It just might do the trick too.

Jetin

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jetin wrote:

@Jetin wrote:

Try rebooting your phone, if that doesn't work, try the lost stolen trick. 

Log into your self serve, select plans/add-ons, select phone lost, suspend and log out.  Wait a few minutes and log back in and report phone found.  Restart your phone.  This should reset the account/SIM.

If that doesn't work contact moderators explaining your situation here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You might have a wait time to hear back from 2-48 hours.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Jetin wrote:

@JetinDid you just sign up to public? Was your service working before? When is your renewal date? Does the phone says "no service" / "emergency calls only"? Have you tried to re-insert your sim card? It may not be seated properly. Have you rebooted the phone? Do you have another phone to put that sim in? That would at least split the issues with either the service / sim or your phone. When you log into self serve "my account" does it say the words "Active" on the overview page?

Have you checked your IMEI number? Make sure that the phone has not been added to the blacklist (it happens, sometimes even by accident) https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Go into network settings is it set to "automatically select network" ? If it is, deselect it and try to do a manual network search, (it takes a few minutes be patient) what networks do you see? If you see public mobile, try connecting to it manually and report back.

Need Help? Let's chat.